Recommendation? Modern slipjoint options?

So I somehow scored a Twosun Ts123 for $49. Now I just have to wait for it. It's my first off the brand so I'm excited to try it out. That one looks really neat also.

Twosun is the best kept secret in the knife world I think (though it's not very secret anymore). I know a lot of people don't want made in China, but Twosun is head and shoulders above most Chinese brands. And the Chinese knifemakers that are more well-known mostly make modern flippers and have western price tags. I have dozens of Twosun flippers and some of their slipjoints too. If you bide your time and snag them off eBay auctions (shipped from China direct) what you receive for what you pay is astonishing-- premium materials (M390 steel and Titanium handles very often) and absolutely perfect fit/finish, for $50-60 (more or less depending on the model and demand).

A2FCF970-B730-4D06-80B4-1A3BC9E833BE.jpeg

So while not a slip joint I did end up getting a modern traditional lockback.

E5HavRy.jpg

This is a Boker Genios. Vg10, crowned spine, contoured titanium and carbon fiber handle. I hadn't heard or seen anything about this knife before but it really struck me. I managed to get this for half off the retail cost also.

So while not a slip joint I did end up getting a modern traditional lockback.

E5HavRy.jpg

This is a Boker Genios. Vg10, crowned spine, contoured titanium and carbon fiber handle. I hadn't heard or seen anything about this knife before but it really struck me. I managed to get this for half off the retail cost also.
That is a very interesting knife. The deep swedge looks like it would make pinching a breeze.

I would be interested in knowing how it cuts if the mood should strike you.

That is a very interesting knife. The deep swedge looks like it would make pinching a breeze.

I would be interested in knowing how it cuts if the mood should strike you.
It is very easy to pinch open and actually has a very light pull. But it locks up solid with no play and I can't see it ever opening up in my pocket.

I just recently got it so haven't done too much cutting with it but it's done well so far. I'll get some more cutting in this weekend and let you know how it goes. It arrived sharp but I like my knives to be ridiculously sharp so I'll touch it up.

So far I'm really impressed with this knife. SMKW has them for half off if anyone is interested.

It is very easy to pinch open and actually has a very light pull. But it locks up solid with no play and I can't see it ever opening up in my pocket.

I just recently got it so haven't done too much cutting with it but it's done well so far. I'll get some more cutting in this weekend and let you know how it goes. It arrived sharp but I like my knives to be ridiculously sharp so I'll touch it up.

So far I'm really impressed with this knife. SMKW has them for half off if anyone is interested.
Your first two sentences address the reason why I like lock backs so much. My thumb nails seem to have suddenly become brittle to the point that I almost need a pinchable blade and an easy pull these days.

Thanks for your feedback. That’s a neat looking knife.

Recently picked this up and really like it so far

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Pull is about 6+ not bad but it is secure in use for me

G2
Great looking knife. Plus you always take such good photos.

I just got in this Fox Livri! It is the most I've been excited about a slip joint in quite a while. I'm not going to say F&f is perfect but I really like this thing so far. The blade is nice and centered, the micarta has great texture and the talk is fantastic.

56p6zL4.jpg

I've an Artisan Biome and really like it. Small, light weight, smooth action.

Rich
I almost got one of those recently but the Livri just really caught my eye. I enjoy it a lot in hand also. Surprisingly great ergos for the size.

Back