Modified a Buck 112 (pictures)

Thanks for this positive interpretation. I think you'll like a 112 as many folks here do. DM

Another beauty DM, do you have anything else planned? Looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you, 375. Yes, we are working on other projects but it's mostly engraving items. As other Buck items come up I'll work up some photos and let you view them. DM

I had a dream.

Forum knife centric.

White handles/inlays on/in Buck knives. Engraved names or faces or initials or avatars or forum names of GIANTS of this forum: CA Dave, Desert Dave, EEE, and others I hold in high esteem.

It was a good wholesome dream. The kind I like to have.

"I have a dream......."

Small knife for a small soul. Oregon, which rock are you. I see faces in the scrim, but none are me as they have hair.

I know how you guys are, here is other side. This was elephant ivory, from a single .45 grip obtained in trade in the distant past. Due to the way the grip was made, she scrim'ed the flatter back side of the knife.

Last edited:
Has she told you if she is about done with it yet David ? I'm anxious to see what she did. I would love to have a 112 like yours, and have some elk scrimed on it.
Not sure if you have seen them or not, but Case makes some trappers that have elk done on them. They are small, but there is a group of the together, and they look kinda cool.

"I have a dream......."

Small knife for a small soul. Oregon, which rock are you. I see faces in the scrim, but none are me as they have hair.

Bingo! We have a winner.

We had the same dream. Wonder what the odds are in that?

Ivory colored resin scales on a 424 with 300 BUCKS imprinted. I'll take two, thank you.

You take a good knife a Buck 112 and
make it a great knife with ivory micarta :thumbup:
then the wife turns it into a piece art :thumbup: :thumbup:

I can't wait to see the knife when it's done I'm sure it will be beautiful .

338, Here is a 112 she did for me sometime back for a birthday gift. It has cow bone handles, nickel silver frame and S30V blade. She scrimmed the elk on this side. We had to go tend to her Father this weekend so, she's still working on the other 112. DM

You take a good knife a Buck 112 and
make it a great knife with ivory micarta :thumbup:
then the wife turns it into a piece art :thumbup: :thumbup:

I can't wait to see the knife when it's done I'm sure it will be beautiful .
Thank you RIG. She will continue to work on it as time permits. Then I'll post you a photo. DM

338, Here is a 112 she did for me sometime back for a birthday gift. It has cow bone handles, nickel silver frame and S30V blade. She scrimmed the elk on this side. We had to go tend to her Father this weekend so, she's still working on the other 112. DM

She scrimmed this non-typical mule deer on the other side. DM

Thanks for the pictures David. Those are incredible...

Simply great, David. Leesa, that's wonderful, like the bolo tie I got from you. Thanks for sharing.

Haebbie

Here's a photo of one side of the ivory micarta 112. This is the only side she was finished with and thus would permit a photo. DM

Back