1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Mods, Regrinds, Cerakote, and Sharpening

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop: Services Offered' started by razor-edge-knives, May 12, 2017.

1. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    amcardon, Tazz-ab, Trael1 and 10 others like this.
  2. amikee

amikee

Apr 24, 2014
    Josh is awesome!

razor-edge-knives likes this.
  3. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
  4. Kurtis G

Kurtis G

Nov 6, 2012
    ok I have another project! but I need your input on it. you want it here or DM?

5. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    just shoot me an email or private message :)

6. farcry33

farcry33 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Just sent you an email for a knife re-profile/sharpening and will send it out tomorrow. :thumbsup:

7. GIZMOMAN

GIZMOMAN Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Champions Platinum Member

Mar 12, 2003
    R.E.K.
    Best Around...............

dalefuller and razor-edge-knives like this.
  8. MChief

MChief

Sep 12, 2013
    Great communication, solved a 17 year problem on my Emerson commander "stop pin too long, making liners tilt forward ". Great service now my knife is better than new.

9. DallasSTB

DallasSTB Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Josh, have you tried your hand on a Hinderer "Harpoon Spanto"? I see possibilities with that one.
    Steve

10. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Yep just finished this up a few weeks ago!

[​IMG]

tyyreaun, neal70, Sigsog226 and 2 others like this.
  11. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tommy-Chi, neal70 and Sigsog226 like this.
  13. Dallas T

Dallas T Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013
    IMG_0280.PNG IMG_0279.PNG Hello i sent u a pm on a blade repair that I need, can u do something with this?

14. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    sure Dallas, just responded

15. CaptainFuzzy

CaptainFuzzy

Jul 29, 2017
    IMG_20170927_001017_087.jpg
    Well, if Gizmoman says you're the best, I'm giving you a shot. I want to do a regrind/sharpen on a Shining Mountain Bowie.

16. CaptainFuzzy

CaptainFuzzy

Jul 29, 2017
    FB_IMG_1506925586955.jpg
    Sorry, image got cutoff. I'd like to raise the primary grind, make it flatter, run it to a V bevel, then sharpen the false edge on the top. Maybe cut some wicked teeth into the spine. I want it a little less "Mick Dundee" and a little more "John Rambo"

17. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    I got to handle a reground and ceracoated RAT that Josh did a few years back. It was a wicked slicer.
    Passarounds (29).JPG

18. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Sounds good shoot me an email, [email protected]

19. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Some recent work. These first 3 are regrinds, the XM-24 was a spearpoint prior to the hellfire grind!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This one was a custom that was really thick behind the edge. Here's a before and after.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's a Hoback Kwaiback, completely refinished it by etching/stonewashing and putting on a new edge.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Tommy-Chi and WinonaRail like this.
  20. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar Platinum Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Josh, What could you do to the blade of a ZT0055? I hate the compound blade. Could you iron it out? Also, I don't hate but I do dislike the hard angle point in the blade edge. Could you smooth it into a curve?

[​IMG]