Monster Hunter International - good book with HI content

I'd like to recommend a book to the crew, it is Monster Hunter International, by longtime gun board poster Larry Correia. It is a fastpaced action/fantasy novel of monsters hidden in the modern world and the people who keep them under control. Lots of action and humor, seasoned with romance, history, and gun stuff. Available direct from Larry or from Amazon, the first chapter is on his site on the link above.

Relevant for us, the hero's backup weapon[1] is a HI Ganga Ram khukuri, wielded with good effect on various baddies. In a spoiler thread on THR, Larry says he will use a chitlangi in the sequel.

[1] - more of a tertiary or even quarternary choice, he's a walking arsenal to try to survive against vampires, wraiths, gargoyles, etc.

Larry's a friend, and MHI is a hell of a read.

He owns a 21" Chitlangi. :)

John

MHI looks to be a great story. Thanks for the link.

John, it's good to see you on the forums! You've been on my mind for the last week or so. How's your studies going? Hope everythings going well for you and Jordy.

I ordered one and I can't put it down. He did a great job writing it.

Order link works for me but just brings up a page of instructions, it's not an online shop. He says he's out of copies for the moment, more expected.

Larry's email:
monsterhunter45 at hotmail.com

Awesome news, Ted!

I had no idea there was being a sequel made!!:thumbup::thumbup:

I read the book several months back. I had always heard good things about it, but it always fell off the radar when I went looking for a good read. As luck would have it, I remembered it when my wife was ordering some stuff from Amazon.

What an incredible book! not only is there plenty of khuk kontent, but it's a book written by a guy who understands weapons and it translates well to those of us who shoot regularly (electronic ear protection, accurate depiction of magazine count, realistic ballistic damage, etc).

What got me the most was how enveloped I got with the characters. The times when they WEREN'T fighting monsters were my favorite parts because they were just so dang fleshed out. And when it got to that one part about 3/4 of the way through the book...you know what I'm talking about...in the swamp. I was like, "What! Noooooo! Why? <<reads a bit further>> Wha.. There's like 150 pages to go! What's happening!?":D

I'll be getting this one first thing.
Thanks for the head's up, Ted:thumbup:

I really love the unorthodox rendering of traditional monsters and creatures of faery. It was really refreshing and funny as hell.

Last edited:
Back