Most comfortable handle shape?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by sogflash, Mar 9, 2013.

1. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Hands down, this is the most comfortable handle I've ever used. EVER. In any grip I can think of, too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jonathan13

jonathan13

Oct 21, 2012
    Manix 2

3. jonathan13

jonathan13

Oct 21, 2012
    He loves holding that dick...knife

GABaus likes this.
  4. Dodge

Dodge

Sep 6, 2008
    Becker "tweener" handle for fixed
    Spyderco police for folder

5. Sulaco

Sulaco

Nov 15, 2003
    Bravo-1

6. MrGlockJock25

MrGlockJock25

May 14, 2012
    Para 2!! It just melts in my hand

7. FortyTwoBlades

Mar 8, 2008
    Yeah unfortunate company name but they've been in the business since 1778, so I doubt they'll change the name now just for the sake of the American market. :p Great knives though. Get your hands on one and you'll never laugh at it again. :)

8. OHALLUM

OHALLUM

Jul 17, 2012
    Now this is one great looking knife. If I was into straight knives, this would be my dream knife.

Blessings,

Omar

9. Ethan_Hardy

Ethan_Hardy

Sep 10, 2011
    I really like the handle shape on the Scrapyard 711. Its big enough to fill my hands well (Medium-Large glove size) but small enough to be comfortable with gloves. The bulb near the pommel makes three finger snap chops a breeze! I'm definitely in love with the Res-C.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. FortyTwoBlades

Mar 8, 2008
    What does the top-down on those look like? I do like the look of the profile but haven't seen a good shot of the top for the contours.

11. Ethan_Hardy

Ethan_Hardy

Sep 10, 2011
    I really like it, it's not too extreme but feels really good in the hand. I'm not too good at taking pictures but hear are some top shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...disregard my Tigger mug :D

12. Ethan_Hardy

Ethan_Hardy

Sep 10, 2011
    Lets try that second one again.....

[​IMG]

EDIT: Never-mind, I dont know why it does show the rotated picture. Hopefully that will suffice.

13. Tripton

Tripton

May 26, 2008
    I don't know, but my Fletcher Bush Operator is right up there...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I've only got crappy photos of the knife with the sheath I made...sorry.)

Those Res-C handles on the Bussekin knives are amazingly comfortable too, and really tough to boot!

14. jstrykr74

jstrykr74

Mar 7, 2011
    That might not be the prettiest of food prep knives, but it looks ultra comfortable for chopping duties. Might have to pick one up for the magnet.

15. FortyTwoBlades

Mar 8, 2008
    It's an absolute terror in the kitchen, and has replaced my chef's knife for all tasks. Beautiful slicer that's almost like having a manual rotary cutter in your hand. Makes pushing, pulling, and rolling cuts with ease, minces like you wouldn't believe, and the blade makes a great scoop for transferring cut food. The straight spine can be used to scrape cut food into a container very nicely as well. It's a German-style "wide bladed trimming knife" but it's a chef's knife on steroids for me! :D:thumbup:

16. lathe dog

lathe dog

Jul 6, 2012
    From the knives I own I'd have to say the Fallkniven micarta handled F1, closely followed by the Bravo 1 although it's more contoured and bigger than the Fallky.

17. JurT

JurT Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 4, 2006
    The most ergo handles I've on my knives is my Wolverine from Andrew Jordan. Look up at his handles. They feel awesome.