Most disgusting thing people have done with the knife they borrowed from you.

Once a guy asked if he could borrow my knife, then he opened it, and threw it at a box, trying to stick it in the box.

Needless to say after the knife hit the floor, the guy darn near hit it too.

I no longer loan my knives out.

------------------
The Infamous ShadedDude
http://www.inanimatemotion.com
Web Design and Hosting

The most disgusting things ever done to MY knives? Read and weep:

A) loaned a co-worker my bead-blasted BM CQC7, he gave it back, got home and when I opened theblade, was missing the tip!!! He later told me that he was using the knife to try and pry open a desk drawer.

B)The SAME guy as in A above borrowed my then-new Supertool to scrape the ice off his side mirror of the rig after we washed it in the middle of the winter. When I went ballistic, he said that I shouldn't bring expensive things to work if I was so worried about them getting messed up. My response was from now on, use your own stuff to break, leave mine ALONE!!!

C) While sharpening my partner's Gerber Multi-plier, he borrowed my Wave and used it to cut a pair of LIVE wires to a light/reading lamp in an ambulance. Lots of sparks, cussing and about a 1/8 inch log hunk of the edge missing. Never even offered to replace it or anythnig. Soooooooooo, no one gets my babies out of their element but me now.

Later, Jeff

An old knife my dad had owned during Veitnam was given to me a month ago. What had lasted almost 23 years was almost destroyed by my brother in a day. He was showing it off to freinds(I was gone getting my lockbox for all my knives) when he swung it and broke the compass on the back then to avoid getting in trouble with me hid it outside on the same night it rained. What was left was a dull, rusty, compassless knife. Only because he was my brother I didnt beat him. It's been half a month and I'm still trying to fix it. Any advice on getting rust off. Break free dosent work.

The worst thing done to my knives. It was my new delica and my dad wanted to borrow it so I said okay a few minutes later I get the knife back and the point is bent.
frown.gif
I never let any one borrow my knives now.

Hey, Medic how many times do you need to get burned before you learn?
smile.gif

I haven't had anyone do anything stupid with one of my knives, yet.

I haven't had anything really disgusting done to my knives yet. The worst was when a friend of my was sick of throwing darts and wanted to try throwing knives for a change. Fortunately he took one of my old knives of no apparent value (I wouldn't leave them lying around for any Tom, Dick or Harry to come along and pick it up if they weren't cheap), cause the first thing he did was miss the board by a metre and strike a rock. The tip snapped off, but I managed to restore a sort of dropped point to the already clip-point blade.

But the most disgusting thing I probably did myself. I slipped while cutting a line with my Delica and dulled the tip on the rocks. Haven't been able to restore it to newness yet.

Back