• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Musk ox horn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Knapp

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here is some really nice musk ox horn for hidden tang blocks and scales. They are cured for over two years. It is best to let them acclimate to your climate before using, a month or two would be fine. I am happy to answer any questions about the stuff or working with it. It is guaranteed to be legal and naturally colored, happiness is guaranteed, if you find you can't use it when you get it in your hands, return it for your purchase price back, please do that within seven days. I take all the normal forms of payment, Paypal, checks, or credit cards over the phone. The prices shown will be plus shipping, I ship using USPS flat rate shipping where I can, I ship anywhere it is legal and charge only the actual shipping charges. You may PM me, email me or call me on the phone (though sometimes I have loud machines running and can't hear it).

mammothmuskox001.jpg

mammothmuskox001.jpg

mammothmuskox003.jpg

No 1. is 6 X 2 1/2 X 1 1/2 Big enough for two hidden tangs or several scales, asking $500.00Sold to Randy
No 2. is also 6 X 2 1/2 X 1 1/2 Big enough for two hidden tangs or several scales, asking $500.00Sold to Bill
No 3. is 4 1/2 X 2 1/2 X 1/2 Great for spacers asking $95.00Sold to Stefan

mammothmuskox004.jpg

mammothmuskox005.jpg

mammothmuskox006.jpg

All cut from the same boss
No 4. and 5. are 6 X 1 1/2X 1/4 not counting white stuff and narrow parts asking $130.00 for the pair.
No 6. and 7. are 4 1/2 X 1 1/2 X 1/4 not counting white stuff and narrow parts asking $100.00 for the pair.

mammothmuskox007.jpg

mammothmuskox008.jpg

No 8. is 5 1/2 X 2 X 5/16 asking $85.00
No 9. is 4 X 1 1/2 X 5/16 from the same ox as No.8 asking $55.00Sold to Greg
No 10. and 11. are 6 X 1 X 1/4 Can get two small scales from each asking $80.00Sold to Joe

Working with musk ox horn can be challanging but it can be very rewarding, I am happy to answer any questions about working with it.

Thanks for looking,
Mark

Last edited:
I think I can cut to order any thing you like.

Mark,

I have no idea what I'll do with it, but I want a piece to check out, so could you please set #9 aside for me. Who knows... maybe I'll make a spacer or two from it.

- Greg

Mark,
This horn is absolutely beautiful. I wish I had more dough right now, I would be all over this stuff.... Larry

You got it Greg. Thanks Mark

Mark,

I have no idea what I'll do with it, but I want a piece to check out, so could you please set #9 aside for me. Who knows... maybe I'll make a spacer or two from it.

- Greg

I have gotten both of your emails and answered them. They have not bounced back, so they must be out in the great black abyss somewhere. The price for a piece 1.5 X 1.5 X 5 will be $335.00 and a piece 1 X 1 X 4.5 will be $135.00 The smaller piece actually has less than half of the material of the larger piece. That price will be plus $5.20 for shipping. Thanks a lot Mark

sent you an email, but not sure if you got it...

wow, this stuff looks great...if i was a maker, i would buy some. I want to see it as scales on a straight razor now

wow, this stuff looks great...if i was a maker, i would buy some. I want to see it as scales on a straight razor now

There are at least a couple of guys that put it on straight razors, lets see if they will post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back