1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

my collection so far...

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by metsfan, Jan 21, 2013.

1. metsfan

metsfan

Oct 26, 2012
    [​IMG]
    well it all started with the digi para2 that sticktodrum sold me...never intended for it to get this far ;)

2. 2TONYB

2TONYB Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Nice knives. I tend to gravitate toward Spyderco's flat grinds.

3. Losing Battle

Losing Battle

Jan 18, 2013
    Nice collection. The Para2 was my first Spyder too and now I'm dreaming of a Sage collection. It's a disease.

LB

4. zl1

zl1

Nov 24, 2012
    I'll post mine when I get my Sage!
    Unfortunately I lost my Tenacious

5. ezmorningrebel

ezmorningrebel

Nov 14, 2012
    what's fourth from the left? native 5?

6. eschwebach

eschwebach

Jul 16, 2012
    Great start metsfan, I started with the Tenacious a couple years ago and now I have over 20 not including the ones I have sold... One of the things I like best about Spyderco is I am almost never let down by one of their knives. If it looks good on paper and in pics then the knife delivers. Fit and finish is great, whether it comes from Japan, Taiwan, US, or even Italy.

7. akula83

akula83 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 19, 2008
    I have the same two Para's you do.

8. metsfan

metsfan

Oct 26, 2012
    indeed

9. BladeChick777

BladeChick777

Jun 20, 2011
    I need to get a pic of my small Spydie accumulation(just keeps growing).
    Sadly I just realized only two of them go for under $100(one just barely), and I have 8.
    My list of Spydies goes a little something like this:
    1.) Spyderco Techno
    2.) Spyderco Chokwe
    3.) Spyderco Air
    4.) Spyderco Smallfly - Camo
    5.) Spyderco Chaparral
    6.) Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    7.) Spyderco Orange Urban Wharncliffe
    8.) Spyderco Squeak - Black

10. FW JSB

FW JSB

Dec 28, 2012
    Nice collection. I've been trying to find the camo PM2 with the black blade, but it's nowhere to be found. The Para 2 is a great blade.

11. jon1all

jon1all Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Very nice collection you've got going there! :) Yep, it all started with the Para2 for me too (technically not my first Spydie, but the one that "bit me" and gave me my Spypderman super powers, LOL!). So as the owner of both the Para2 and the Native5... how do they stack up against each other? Which do you prefer. I have been tempted for a few months to pick up an N5, but keep resisting (love the Para2 so much just not sure I'd carry the N5). Just curious as to your perceptions as the Para2 and N5 are obviously the priciest members of your little family there! :)

So

12. proguide

proguide

Mar 26, 2004
    My last count was about 85 or so. It only gets worse

13. redfeenix

redfeenix

May 12, 2011
    I'll be the douche to say, "Pics or it didn't happen" :D

14. metsfan

metsfan

Oct 26, 2012
    i actually like carrying the native 5 a slight bit more than carrying the pm2. the native's smaller size and lockback design give it a stout feeling, and it feels much more robust than the pm2. that isn't to say that the native is a stronger knife, it just feels that way by way of its construction. but its smaller size does make it easier to carry and the choil placement coupled with the smaller blade gives the user better control for those precision cuts.

15. metsfan

metsfan

Oct 26, 2012
    :eek:

16. 9blades

9blades

Dec 29, 2012
    I wish I had that many lol. my collection is just getting started gonna pick up a ss dragonfly sometime soon!

17. NinjaRyder0920

NinjaRyder0920 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2012
    That is a nice collection! My collection has grown and shrank this past year and currently consists of just 2.

18. bfwhite

bfwhite

Jan 7, 2013
    Nice collection.....I just ordered my first spyderco.

19. BladeChick777

BladeChick777

Jun 20, 2011
    I promised pics of mine.
    Here they are:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You have a nice collection, I really want to get a Native of some sort for my accumulation.
    I'll have to take other pics and post them when the Caly 3 Dam/CF gets here.

20. akk2

akk2

Jan 27, 2013
    Seems like you love having the choil.
    so far I got

1) Brown Para2
    2) Ulize
    3) Police3
    4) Endura SS
    5) Endura All Black
    6) Endura foliage green
    7) Endura Black FRN