"My Core Gear" by Magnussen

Here is my Winter set up...

All of my core gear, extra clothes, 3-4 days food, sleeping bag, two tarps and 50ft of rope.(That will last me well over a week with a little foraging)

All together with water bottles full... 43lbs... not bad for the gear choices I have made.

I used to be an ultralight backpacker with an 18lb pack, but I find this more enjoyable.

WinterPack.jpg

You had me at "Possibles Bag". Reminds be of books I read as a child. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Mag I would have guessed at least 10 lbs more than 43lbs. Does that include your tent and sleeping bag? Now we need to see your food list. :)

Mag I would have guessed at least 10 lbs more than 43lbs. Does that include your tent and sleeping bag? Now we need to see your food list. :)

You got me on that one.... I only weighed the PACK with all contents including food and sleeping bag.... I don't use a tent.

The possibles bag and the bushbelt including the hawk and spy glass were not in on the calculation.... I'll get on it and retabulate.

The tasco spy glass has more emotional meaning than modern binocs... does it perform better?.... definately NOT.... But.... why ride a Harley that'll rattle apart when there are much more efficient, maintainable, bikes out there? It's a very personal choice... does that make sense, at all, its difficult to explain?

Alot of this stuff, I bring out "just to use" because I like the way it makes me feel. Not everything is necessary and if I were to hike a long trail I would slim it down quit a bit. I am a minimalist by nature and often times suffer for it... but I get a kick out of surviving "just outside" the comfort zone.

I'll make a food list, too.

Thanks for the interest.

Magnussen, you need to quit taunting me with your leather wares and go ahead and open your shop.

Hey Rick...

Remind me next Time I see you, I've got a Compression sleeping bag sac to go with that pack..I've got the same pack BTW...

Nice stuff..

ttyle

Eic
O/ST

Back