Deleted

Stunning 'Zaan, I am not familiar with "mystery steel?" Can you explain more about that?

Stunning 'Zaan, I am not familiar with "mystery steel?" Can you explain more about that?
CRK officially introduced the Umnumzaan on the BladeShow 2008. Subsequently, CRK claimed that they will introduce 2 Umnumzaans with unique graphic and mystery steel which they still in testing. Then, CRK officially introduced these two Umnumzaans at the Plaza Cutlery "Evening of the Cutlery Arts Show", each with unique graphic and mystery steel blade, and claimed that they will never make other embellished Umnumzaans. So this is 1 of 1, truly unique piece. The steel was later confirmed as S35VN.

Last edited:
As a huge OPK fan that dagger is particularly interesting.I know this is a moot point since it is a collectors piece, but that must be an absolute beast to sharpen!

As a huge OPK fan that dagger is particularly interesting.I know this is a moot point since it is a collectors piece, but that must be an absolute beast to sharpen!
It was made in 1983, D2 steel, unique piece, no number. Chris told that probably made for a customer but he can't remember who, and Chris told that he particularly doesn't like daggers, the reason there is no number is probably because he had no intention of making any more daggers at that time. It probably was the earliest one piece dagger, the coating on the blade is not uniform enough, maybe he was not proficient at that time, I saw similar things on some very early one piece knives.

I have been following & buying CRK for quite some time now. It amazing what I can still learn by looking at your collection. Thanks for sharing.
Rob

I have been following & buying CRK for quite some time now. It amazing what I can still learn by looking at your collection. Thanks for sharing.
Rob
Thank you, Rob. Please continue to pay attention, there will be some really unusual things in the next days.

Back