My Emerson Challenge

A good example of that blade shape is Pohan Leu's Blueprint.

Who has a pic of the Yoroi Toshi? I saw the original "crayon" drawing but nothing official...

And I agree with this thread. If I had to choose only one maker the rest of my life to choose from for purchases, it would be Emerson.

Leu Bluephin.
The yoroi toshi balde has a specialized chisel-shaped tip, not chisel ground, although it could be, and contoured spine. Pure form & function.

ron- Use the Google. Phill Hartsfield has a pic in his old catalog. lmk what you think.

The key is finding the right one.. some I love, some not so much. It's a process to find the right pocket buddy.
For a couple of Emersons, it was a process for me. I initially purchased a cqc7 but soon realized I don't care for a tanto blade. I gifted it and purchased a cqc7A because I like spear points. That knife is in my pocket as I type this.
Also, I had initially purchased a Commander. Soon I realized the handle was too small for my hand so I got a Super Commander. Love it!

Very true. I got my first emerson in 2000. A cqc-7B to be exact. Partially serrated black blade. I carried it exclusively through college. Put it through hell an back then It got damaged when I had it sharpened at a cutlery shoppe in the early 2000's. Has been sitting in a drawer ever since. Until this past weekend.

I dig it out of the drawer and tore it all down. First cleaning it has ever seen. Scrubbed everything down and lubed it all up. Then attempted to fix the blade the best I could with my DMT aligner. Now I cannot keep it out of my pocket.

Actually forgot how much I missed and loved this thing.

My three favorite EDC knives, the Patriot gets carried the most often:

~John

I can't find the handle length of the mini cqc 7aw, is it slightly smaller than the 7 or just shorter blade? I'm getting ready to order one. Thanks

The Mini CQC-7AW is in essence a mini version of the CQC-7AW. The blade and handle is shorter. Smaller in general but still has the same thickness/width (not height/length).

The Mini CQC-7AW is in essence a mini version of the CQC-7AW. The blade and handle is shorter. Smaller in general but still has the same thickness/width (not height/length).

Thank you. I will be ordering one of those this evening.

Back