1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My favorite part about canvas micarta

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by clampdaddy, May 2, 2018.

1. oge14

oge14 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2007
    He's been drinking again. Lol

Another vote for dawn and a stiff brush. You can add comet to make a very potent paste for the extra tough stuff.

2. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Tht looks freaking awesome!

C

3. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    I too use dish soap and a stiff dish brush and toothbrush - the stiff dish brush cleans up the tube fasteners as well, even on old knives, unless they are very paitna'ed - the brass tubes that is...

C

4. HST

HST Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2015
  5. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006

I resemble that remark!

6. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I swear, it seems like every year our shop chemical suppliers come in and tell us that the stuff we'very been getting is no longer legal in Ca. so they have something else for us to use that "isn't quite as good but it will still do the job". We've actually started using a Zep product that is really meant for flushing AC systems. We put it in refillable cans and pressurize it with compressed air so it gets us around issues with the propellant used in aerosol cans. It is pretty much the same as brake cleaner and doesn't leave any residue.

HST likes this.
  7. FloridaBlade

FloridaBlade

Mar 10, 2015
    Micarta rules!
    I use the wife's Dawn dish washing soap and water, always comes clean in a jiffy.