my favorite place in the world

This is the one spot in the entire world where I could spend the rest of my life. I am going to have my ashes spread here I love it so much. Just for fun anyone know where it is? Do you guys have a favorite place where you would like to visit every day if you could?

Ummm, Dovedale after an exceptionally dry summer?

What, no prize if I'm right?

Place I'd like to visit every day?
1. The pub.
2. The antipodeal location to my in-laws (or the nearest pub thereto).
3. Brecon Beacons/Wye valley/Black mountains.

Andrew.

Harmon Den, a section of the Pisgah National Forest. It's right on the NC/TN border, the Appalachain Trail goes right through, and it features Max Patch, a bald peak that's the highest within at least 30 miles (I think). Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous....

View from Max Patch (I have no idea who those people are; just Googled for this pic)

nscotland.jpg

The Highlands of Scotland.

maximus otter

I regret that I have no picture to post, but my favorite place is Lake Doolittle in the Litchfield Hills of Western Connecticut, a sort of southern extension of the Berkshires. It is very near to the Massachsetts line, just outside the town of Norfolk, CT. It is a place of unequalled peace and beauty and it is a place from my childhood. After 9/11, when people were telling of having nightmares about terrorists and other bogeymen, I was having dreams about Lake Doolittle and about my Grandmother's place in South Egremont, MA, nearby and how they were safe places for me during my childhood.

My family has a cabin on Jacob Buck Pond in Bucksport, Maine. My mother and her two brothers all own thirds of property. It's a beautiful place with a small mountain on the opposite side of the lake that you can cayak over to and hike, there are bears and deer up there. In the winter it's a great ice fishing spot.

Nice thread Ren. I could list several and picking one is hard. I've been to some savagely beautifull places in our north that have almost transformed me in one visit - but no way I would live up there - too hot, too many crocs and sharks to feel safe swimming or surfing, no women.

To me, for a place to live that has the combination of great natural beauty and great people I would have to pick the North Coast of New South Wales - Australia.

The ONLY place for me, (and I've been to a few places!), is the Snowy Mountains. There are plenty of spectacular places in the world but I'll always come back to the Snowies.

If you want to know more about them look HERE

I know!
Bryce Canyon, Utah
It truly is a beautiful place. If you get there at sunset, you can watch as the red rock formations "change color."

For me?
Well, there's this one particular harbor, so far but yet so near, where I see the days as they fade away and finally disappear.
Just Kidding.

Actually, in West Jefferson, NC, there's a place called Camp Elk Shoals. It's on the New River. Just before the top of the mountain is a little "worship area"(it's a Christian camp). It's just a few old benches looking out over the valley. That's my spot.

Ren the devils trailboss said:
I am going to have my ashes spread here I love it so much. Do you guys have a favorite place where you would like to visit every day if you could?

That's easy. Amsterdam's red light district. However, I would be spreading more than ashes... :cool:

Ren the devils trailboss said:
Do you guys have a favorite place where you would like to visit every day if you could?

Yes yes yes! :) Hawaii, or San Francisco, or Los Angeles ... as long as I am living with the girl I love and have lots of good friends there. I think the only thing, to me, that makes a place nice is the people I am with there. :)

torz...where were you in the redwoods. I'm in Humboldt County...I could walk to a spot that looks like that.

Note: if you're not looking close you can miss the person standing at the base of the tree.

Denpasar in Bali Indonesia. It has beautiful country and great people (beautiful women too but don't tell my wife I said so ;) .

kamkazmoto said:
Denpasar in Bali Indonesia. It has beautiful country and great people (beautiful women too but don't tell my wife I said so ;) .
Had you mentioned just about any other place on that island, particularly towards the interior, I would have agreed with you but Denpasar ..., not a place I would want to spend any more time than absolutley necessary. Then again, I hate all cities so maybe I'm biased!

I spent a little bit of time travelling through the middle of Bali many years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

One of my favorite places to kill a few hours, down your way Ming, a mountain goats walk from Bunkers Bay.

QUARRY.jpg

Being in a nice suburb of Los Angeles doesn't suck, but If I could live anywhere, parts of Yosemite or the Avenue of the Giants in the redwoods (oldest stand of trees on north America). These places are breathtaking.

John

jmxcpter said:
Being in a nice suburb of Los Angeles doesn't suck, but If I could live anywhere, parts of Yosemite or the Avenue of the Giants in the redwoods (oldest stand of trees on north America). These places are breathtaking.

John
I got married in Yosemite. Impressive place.

gajinoz said:
Had you mentioned just about any other place on that island, particularly towards the interior, I would have agreed with you but Denpasar ..., not a place I would want to spend any more time than absolutley necessary. Then again, I hate all cities so maybe I'm biased!

I spent a little bit of time travelling through the middle of Bali many years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I agree but it combines all I want from a city (occasional western luxuries) with the closeness of some of the most beautiful places I know of.

Back