My first cord-wrapping (pic)

Hagar-

Please send me a copy of the article too.
Thanks!

kevin005@email.com

Chiro, I believe that RJ Martin posted once that he uses Kevlar thread or cord to wrap his turks heads. Sounded really cool to me.

I have wrapped some with 550 cord but they are pretty big with that stuff.

Alex1: You might want to check out Fred Lorheman's site the cord wrap here is some what expensive though. http://www.japanese-swords.com/pages/hndl.htm

I bought some wrapping cord at a knife show but I can't remember the name of the supplier now. There has got to be a supplier out there with a cotton type wrap that is not as expensive as the silk wrap.

I plan on hitting my handles with a coat of epoxy so I sure am not going to use expensive silk.

Hope this helps some.

Jim

------------------
The warrior will endure great personal hardship in order to stand on a hill, howl at the moon, and proclaim his domain over all he surveys. Fredrick Lovert- Author

[This message has been edited by Dt_Trainer (edited 03-02-2000).]

hagar
can you e-mail me a copy also?
wilsonra@msn.com

thanks..... bob

Hello,

Hey CHIRO, Nice Job!! keep up the good work, by the way how is the CHipmunk Doing?
Kind of small for big tasks i bet,but should work ok for small stuff.

Again,,great Job,

Regards,, Allen

------------------
Allen Blade
Spokane,WA USA

" It is Always Better to learn The RIGHT Way, Than to Continue Doing it WRONG "

My Custom Knives :
http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/meadows/1770/allenblade.html

Nice job!

Walt, thanks for that link to the Turks Head, that is pretty cool, watching that a while is almost hypnotic but the more you watch you really start to understand what is needed to make the knot.

I've heard you need to make it loose to begin with, depending on how many trips around the material you make, I saw RJ Martin tie one at Ashokan in 98, and he mentioned you really need to pratice to get the feel of how loose is loose to make it end up correct.

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

Hy Hagar,

I allmost am afraid of asking, but would you please be so kind to send me a copy by email? Thanks alot.

Back