"My first day on the job" by: 897UH

I had a girlfriend once who took thorazine. She offered me one, said it just calmed her down (she was a wildcat, for sure!). 750mg. it was. After I took it, she laughed and said "bye bye!" I woke up two days later. Still can't remember if her name was Jane or Jean. I did remember not to try thorazine again.

Codger

I would never have thought of that...

He he, For you keys one of these may be useful...

Luis

ir00h3.jpg

You Rascal. We used to be allowed to administer it ( no longer allowed ) liquid. If you had a really violent person, when you put tablespoons in to a cup before you gave it to them. You would say to yourself one for the doctor one for you, one for me one for good luck, one for next year, ect the object was so that the badass madman with super human strength would not be less than semi comatose for your shift. If you came in and one was over medicated ( and had gone on to his reward ) you would always find them with radiator burns from where the prior shift had propped them up against the radiator so that they would still be warm and it would be blamed on your shift. Yes Indeed Jimmy Stewart in the real world it is truly a wonderful life. Hey I am finally getting into the real holiday spirit. LT PS Very Apt Don It brings back more noxious memories and I feel I have tortured any readers enough tonight. However you would be amazed at some of the items over the years that are sent back to an institution. Just a little teaser this is as close as I can get to the note with one package. For 8 years you kept asking where she was well here she is ( item was packed in dry ice ).

LT,

I see you've logged off for tonight....but I just have to ask....are you related to Edgar Allan Poe?? You have a tremendous sense for the macabre. You have a way with words, sir.

Your friend, :D

El Lobo

Strangely Poe and myself had a few things in common. He went to west point ( he was kicked out) while I did not go to school there 2 of my children ( who with luck I will never hear from again) did and I have a fascination with the area ( which is 40 minutes from my house ) he drank and roamed the streets of newburgh NY in fact in some of the same places but of course at a much earlier time than my era. But at about the same age as I was when I slept in those streets and crossed the same paths We have walked the same cobblestone streets ( which still exist in Newburgh ). However I am not in a league with his ability only his sorrow and instability. Poe questioned his sanity which especially now I can identify with. My writings have been compared with Hemmingway ( Whoops sorry ) that was my Drinking that was compared to Hemmingway. But I suppose could be compared to Poes ( drinking that is ). Poe considered himself a failure and we have that in common a man who cannot maintain his family in spite of his best efforts and doing what in his heart he feels is correct is the ultimate failure for he is to stupid to even realize what he did wrong. Poe felt that way. My outlook is jaundiced and askew I kind of look at life with my head tilted to the side it is the only way I can tolerate it. Other wise the futility overwhelms. I started with nothing and subjected myself to alot to give my family the opportunitys I felt they deserved I was wrong and the cost to my outlook and personality has been severe. The fact that I am alive while so many so much better than me have passed on increases my belief that there is no Rhyme, Reason, or justice to any of it. On that note I leave you with a poem that I am sure you will be familiar. A little bird with yellow bill perched upon my window sill I coaxed it close with a piece of bread and then I crushed its head. And to all a good nite. PS good thing you asked on a good nite sometimes I can be downright depressing.

I go out for a few hours and I miss all the excitement. We have a contest which I really and truely remembered what the removable handle was for and then we have Poe and Hemmingway, poetry, sex, drugs, death, mayhem and Christmas movies.
This is the best forum ever!

Thanks Don the guy you suggested ( as reading material ) committed suicide. Wow what buddy you are I guess I better stop making reference to the ALAMO. I must have seemed to positive and jovial in my postings. Thankyou I believe I will stick with Doctor Seuss. You must have known my wife she would have made the same suggestion. LT

Sorry LT, Quiroga had a troubled life but his writing is fine and varied, from his well known horror stories to descriptive tales of rural life in Latin America to happy and enjoyable children stories, here's a book that I recommend for children.

The bold parrot and other jungle stories, by Horacio Quiroga.

Luis

ir5qgm.jpg

Back