My First Historical Khukuri-Long leaf Victorian

I'm going to put this thing through its paces at least once, I'll let everyone know how it cuts. I can already tell you it feels very lively in the hand. You can always tell the difference between a "real" ethnic kukri/golok/parang and a western copy from Cold Steel or Kabar or Condor by how lively it feels in your hand. The real knife feels like it wants to help you cut whereas the western copy handles like a club.

If I can do it you can do it. Repeat after me, what one man (ok half man in my case) can do another can do!

Thanks for the kind words.
Maybe but it would take some time to get as experienced as you. But I don't think everybody can do anything. No matter what I tried I doubt I could be another Bruce Lee, Einstein or Stephen Hawking.

Don't know exactly at the moment, it's not thick, 1/4" maybe 3/16's. It's pretty flat the full length, no taper.

It' light and nimble for sure. Definitely not as strong as any HI blade, that's for sure.

I have the original wood sheath for it too, neglected to put pictures of that. It has a little crack in it but still pretty sound.

Wow, this thing sharpens fast... a swipe or two with a lansky puck got it razor sharp, and a swipe or two more raises a burr.

Wow... Bummer! I decided to complete my "Longleaf" set with a scabbard so i started asking around.

IMA response:

Unfortunately, there are no scabbards for these blades anymore. The majority of the original scabbards were severely damaged by rot, wood and leather worms, etc, and literally crumbled off of the blades. We had sold them with scabbards for years, but all that had scabbards are sold, and there will not be anymore available with the scabbards.

I will update more as I find out. Nice people tho. Immediate response:thumbup:

Consider yourself lucky if ya got one!

Wow... Bummer! I decided to complete my "Longleaf" set with a scabbard so i started asking around. IMA response: Unfortunately, there are no scabbards for these blades anymore. ...

AC sells a reproduction "New Scabbard for Longleaf Kukri" (maybe functional, but not historical).

Last edited:
Thanks Steve! One is bound to show up somewhere on the market. I thought IMA or AC might have a some and were just not making them public but is not the case i guess. It makes sense that they could not have preserved them like they could the blade and handles. Would be hard to protect a scabbard from exposure to bugs etc. from the inside.
AC sells a reproduction "New Scabbard for Longleaf Kukri" (maybe functional, but not historical).

I am planning another big buy of long leafs , I am just pleased they are still around, the variety is great I have never gotten two alike. IMA and AC have good quality offerings even without the sheaths-- must get a couple as gifts of honor and the rest to beef up collection

I reaaaaallly want to get one of these...Ndog, if you cut with it use tatami omote or soaked shipping tube or somethin like that. Even a new partial tang khuk with that much blade puts an enormous amount of torque on the hilt- I rehilted one for a guy two years ago. The little test copy of my little 15" victorian is a month old and heavy work will start some cracks. Very nice blade BTW.

I bought an AC Longleaf with reproduction sheath a few months ago. The Longleaf came in excellent condition under the thick layer of grease. Even the wood handle is in good condition. Coated with some tough substance that preserved it so well I don't want to do anything to it.

The reproduction sheath looks authentic and is a very good fit for the blade. Not quite worth the extra cost, but since I don't have time to make a new sheath I'm glad I got it. However, the rear pouch and belt hanger (frog) were in poor shape and were held on with rusty nails. Since I don't plan to carry the Longleaf on my belt, I removed all that extra stuff. The sheath itself is in good condition. Although it is not original, it seems to be quite old and was probably made to fit the blade.

This reproduction sheath is not the same as the "new scabbard" that AC sells by itself. I've read complaints about the "new scabbard" that they are not a good fit -- which makes sense since a traditional design scabbard has to be made for the specific blade.

Thanks JW. They are really worth having for the history alone. I would love for you to have one so you could clone it and play with it. With these larger blades as users id rather have rat tail and peened than full chiruwwa. There is a heck of a lot of shock that is tranfered to you bones with these large blades. Anything you can do to absorb shock is high on my list. Blades this size I would not want chirruwa handle style for any lengthy chopping session. Was your 15" a partial tang. Like Bjopure?
I reaaaaallly want to get one of these...Ndog, if you cut with it use tatami omote or soaked shipping tube or somethin like that. Even a new partial tang khuk with that much blade puts an enormous amount of torque on the hilt- I rehilted one for a guy two years ago. The little test copy of my little 15" victorian is a month old and heavy work will start some cracks. Very nice blade BTW.

Back