My Sebbie is finally broken!

mitchnola

Platinum Member
Haha, click bait!

My Sebbie is finally broken in that is!

After a good conversation had with sharp n fiery amongst others, they saved me from keeping my Sebbie as a safe queen and convinced me to carry and use it more. Since then I’ve made a point to carry once a week which has snowballed into most of the week.

It was probably Monday I started noticing the difference in the action. As brand new I could only thumb flick it open with use of the wrist. Now it’s just flying open with the thumb. The improvement is pretty drastic.

My original thoughts on the Sebbie was that everything I’ve heard was true about them but I also thought the action could be improved upon to keep up with the competition. I’m not opposed to the slow roll or even a wrist flick but I do appreciate a knife that flys open with a flick of the thumb. I knew there would be a break in period but honestly I didn’t think the improvement would be as drastic as it is.

I appreciate the bond created after breaking in a knife. I now know I will never sell this baby which makes using it even easier. Now my conundrum is whether or not I shoud purchase my inkosi and zaan new as opposed to used so that I will get to enjoy that break in period with them as well?

To sum up, the sebbie deserves every bit of praise it receives and I am officially asking for my admittance into the CRK fan boy club!

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpeg
    IMG_0181.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 8
It definitely is tempting but so are good deals on the exchange. I’d wait and get them at the show but ya have to pay tax and that really hurts.
Both great points.

Haha, click bait!

After a good conversation had with sharp n fiery amongst others, they saved me from keeping my Sebbie as a safe queen and convinced me to carry and use it more. Since then I’ve made a point to carry once a week which has snowballed into most of the week.

It was probably Monday I started noticing the difference in the action. As brand new I could only thumb flick it open with use of the wrist. Now it’s just flying open with the thumb. The improvement is pretty drastic.

My original thoughts on the Sebbie was that everything I’ve heard was true about them but I also thought the action could be improved upon to keep up with the competition. I’m not opposed to the slow roll or even a wrist flick but I do appreciate a knife that flys open with a flick of the thumb. I knew there would be a break in period but honestly I didn’t think the improvement would be as drastic as it is.

I appreciate the bond created after breaking in a knife. I now know I will never sell this baby which makes using it even easier. Now my conundrum is whether or not I shoud purchase my inkosi and zaan new as opposed to used so that I will get to enjoy that break in period with them as well?

To sum up, the sebbie deserves every bit of praise it receives and I am officially asking for my admittance into the CRK fan boy club!

Yes. My newling is also pretty smoothe now.

I think the ceramic ball has a bit of a rough surface from factory. As this is getting smoother, and at the same time is making it's trail along the tang, the two surfaces mate together.

It's a beautiful thing as the ytube guy says.

Yes. My newling is also pretty smoothe now.

I think the ceramic ball has a bit of a rough surface from factory. As this is getting smoother, and at the same time is making it's trail along the tang, the two surfaces mate together.

It's a beautiful thing as the ytube guy says.
I was tempted to take it apart and go through it to try to improve the action initially but then decided they probably knew what they were doing and left it alone figuring it would improve with the break in. Glad I didn’t mess with it. Just didn’t expect this drastic of an improvement.

Haha, click bait!

Not sure why you thumb flick or wrist open a knife?
I see some videos of "cool guys" on YouTube....some open knives with wrist motion, like they throwing a freesbie.
Also why people buy material objects - namely knives- to make them safe queen? It's a tool. It will break in with time.
Just my opinion. Sebenzas are great. I personally stopped with plain Jane large 21. Enjoy your knife.

Not sure why you thumb flick or wrist open a knife?
I see some videos of "cool guys" on YouTube....some open knives with wrist motion, like they throwing a freesbie.
Also why people buy material objects - namely knives- to make them safe queen? It's a tool. It will break in with time.
Just my opinion. Sebenzas are great. I personally stopped with plain Jane large 21. Enjoy your knife.
Slow roll, wrist flick, thumb flick, ya gotta open em somehow.

I generally agree on safe queens, I wasn’t sure I was going to keep it and initially it was hard to think of using it considering how much I spent. Now that I know I’m keeping it and the cost has been more or less not important it will definitely be getting use.

I generally get rid of anything I can’t or don’t want to use.

I have to admit I still do have 3 safe queens that are farely rare and have been kept in great condition that I feel obligated to keep in great condition. I keep them because they’re important to my collection and help complete it.

I was tempted to take it apart and go through it to try to improve the action initially but then decided they probably knew what they were doing and left it alone figuring it would improve with the break in. Glad I didn’t mess with it. Just didn’t expect this drastic of an improvement.

If u take it down now after the break in, clean out the factory dust and the grime created from breaking in, it's gonna be even better. ;)

Slow roll, wrist flick, thumb flick, ya gotta open em somehow.

I generally agree on safe queens, I wasn’t sure I was going to keep it and initially it was hard to think of using it considering how much I spent. Now that I know I’m keeping it and the cost has been more or less not important it will definitely be getting use.

I generally get rid of anything I can’t or don’t want to use.

I have to admit I still do have 3 safe queens that are farely rare and have been kept in great condition that I feel obligated to keep in great condition. I keep them because they’re important to my collection and help complete it.
Terrific ! Like Henry Royce said. "the quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten" , sometimes when I'm in the field I will look down the stuff I am using and say to myself hey I own some pretty cool stuff , 🤗

Terrific ! Like Henry Royce said. "the quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten" , sometimes when I'm in the field I will look down the stuff I am using and say to myself hey I own some pretty cool stuff , 🤗
Yep, I make it a point to pull the knife out of my pocket and leave it on the desk while working! That's the whole point in owning and carrying cool ish!

Last edited:
Do the smalls EVER "break in" and get/stay smooth? My own experiences seem to indicate that they do not. (I've had one for years, the other I bought new about a year ago - carried it for 2 months without improvement and put it away)

Do the smalls EVER "break in" and get/stay smooth? My own experiences seem to indicate that they do not. (I've had one for years, the other I bought new about a year ago - carried it for 2 months without improvement and put it away)
I picked up a secondhand 31 small sebenza, I sold it quickly, I'm not sure how y'all can deal with tiny knives. If it's less than 3.5 I'm not digging it. Ask y'all's women for confirmation 😝

The CRK “ruins” all others is a real thing, I didn’t believe it. You couldn’t have convinced me it was real, but I can’t stop carrying my large 31. I also have a PJ AB iMamba on its way (hopefully soon). I hear that fan club is hard to escape as well. Haha. That’s a beauty, glad you are enjoying it!

The CRK “ruins” all others is a real thing, I didn’t believe it. You couldn’t have convinced me it was real, but I can’t stop carrying my large 31. I also have a PJ AB iMamba on its way (hopefully soon). I hear that fan club is hard to escape as well. Haha. That’s a beauty, glad you are enjoying it!
Have you tried a Les George? 😉

Back