My Sebbie is finally broken!

The CRK “ruins” all others is a real thing, I didn’t believe it. You couldn’t have convinced me it was real, but I can’t stop carrying my large 31. I also have a PJ AB iMamba on its way (hopefully soon). I hear that fan club is hard to escape as well. Haha. That’s a beauty, glad you are enjoying it!
Thanks, it’s growing on me day by day
Not yet, other than handling at blade show a little. I hear great things about that new button lock!
Any version of the vecp is worth a try, the button lock is excellent but I probably prefer the frame lock with thumb studs the most. The Mk3 is neck and neck with the Talos for favorite. The action is the best I’ve seen on pb washers and build quality also excellent. Worth a try for sure!

The CRK “ruins” all others is a real thing, I didn’t believe it. You couldn’t have convinced me it was real, but I can’t stop carrying my large 31. I also have a PJ AB iMamba on its way (hopefully soon). I hear that fan club is hard to escape as well. Haha. That’s a beauty, glad you are enjoying it!
Ruins is an exaggeration, CRK is nice, but there are many in the price range that check the same boxes, as Mitch has evidenced, LG is a very strong contender. Personally, SHF checks my boxes, but LG rates above CRK for me.

If u take it down now after the break in, clean out the factory dust and the grime created from breaking in, it's gonna be even better. ;)
Thanks for the tip, just broke it down for the first time, cleaned and lubed. You were right, even better!

• Love
Reactions: 353
Thanks for the tip, just broke it down for the first time, cleaned and lubed. You were right, even better!
Well they do give you the tools to do so, seems a shame to hesitate 😁 gotta look under the hood! I know my SHF are way smoother once I cleaned and regreassed them.

One thing that really impresses me about crk is the pivot design. I haven’t seen it mentioned much although I’m sure it has but there’s never any blade play even when the pivot screw is loose or taken out completely.

Well they do give you the tools to do so, seems a shame to hesitate 😁 gotta look under the hood! I know my SHF are way smoother once I cleaned and regreassed them.
I’ve taken down all of my George’s except the button lock and mk3. They’ve both been just to good to mess with.

One thing that really impresses me about crk is the pivot design. I haven’t seen it mentioned much although I’m sure it has but there’s never any blade play even when the pivot screw is loose or taken out completely.
That's the result of tight machining tolerances. They are often remarked upon, but seldom explained. On a crk, the parts fit together correctly, as opposed to other designs that pull the slack out of the mechanism with pivot adjustment.

Ruins is an exaggeration, CRK is nice, but there are many in the price range that check the same boxes, as Mitch has evidenced, LG is a very strong contender. Personally, SHF checks my boxes, but LG rates above CRK for me.
Fair points 🤗. Ruins was def a stretch but there is something about things in this quality range that do make it harder to carry a Pm2 or a bugout. I’ve been eyeing a SHF for a bit as well, I need to check one out!

Back