My Son died this mornng.

BFS

Gold Member
He was 35 and died from a seizure. He's been battling alcoholism for years now. We've tried so hard over the years to get him help, but he just wouldn't lift a finger to improve his lot. Couldn't even be bothered to attend one AA meeting.

Finally got him to go to an emergency room this past Monday to be evaluated to get into a detox facility. They admitted him to the hospital with a .40 BAC. He walked out a few hours later and disappeared for two days. I felt that would be his last chance at saving his life and unfortunately, I was right.

We knew that time was closing in on him and tried to prepare for that inevitable phone call. It came at 1:30 this morning.

Thanks to the forum for letting me have this little relief. I'm so numb. RIP Bryan. I love you.

That's a terrible call to get after all your trying. You did what you could.

So sorry for your loss, words fail at times like these. I hope you find solice someday knowing you tried your best.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Sorry for your loss. You did everything you could. I lost my Grandmother, and two nephews to drugs/alcohol. My brother is an alcoholic who doesn't think he needs AA, either. You have to try to put your life back together, and help others to survive this disease. All we can do is pass on our experiences to other people in recovery, and hope it makes a difference.

Last edited:
I am so very sorry for your loss. One of the very worst phone calls one could ever get.........................................May he rest in peace.

Thank you all for the uplifting words. He's been really suffering these past few months and seemed to have given up. His roommate said he passed quick. Im glad he wasn't behind the wheel and killed some innocents.

My deepest condolences to you and your family on the loss of your son. Nothing can match the pain of loosing a child.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Steven

I'm so sorry for your loss - smoke and prayers. Stay strong and remember the good times.

Life can be cruel and it certainly doesn't make sense and it's never fair as we know. So very sorry for your loss. RIP Bryan.

Jesus. Can't imagine your pain brother.
I have 3 sons and cannot grasp what you and his mom are going through.
Glad you started this thread and much smoke and prayers sent your way.
I am gonna go hug my boys right now.
Lastly, you MUST realize you were powerless, cliche, but so true.
Know you did all you could.
One father to another?? Hang in there brother.
Joe

Back