My Tomahawk Collection

Awesome collection as I've never seen so many in one place all together, Congrats. :thumbsup:

Just noticed your comment, thanks man. I don't know why I like hawks so much, just another bug that bit me.

Seeing them all together, you and me both! I only put them all together to do some cleaning and organizing and had never actually had them all together at the same time like that. Usually they're spread out at friends, my office, family, truck, etc....so I've literally never had them all together...actually, technically I still haven't....there's a few missing from the picture that I realized afterwards. Helm Wrecker, Dylan McCoun. John Cohea traditional, several Cold Steel hawks that were taken apart while I was in the process of customizing them, .......man I think I missed quite a few now that I think about it.

Good to know. I just scored a RMJ Little Bird (2015) of the X and will eventually check out the Winklers. Also have you chopped enough with the Combat ax to think it would do OK for general camp chores?
Thanks

sorry for the late response...I'm still getting used to this system. To answer your question, the Winkler Combat axe would do more than OK for general camp chores. The balance and power is amazingly well designed. One thing to watch out for is the spike on the rear...depending on what task you're doing with it and if you're a clumsy person or not....I could see situations where the spike could bite you. It's designed to be highly unlikely...but it's still a sharp object being swung around.

I think the handle material has a lot to do with it man. I like my winklers because they are so grippy....since I only buy the rubber grips. I guess you could wear gloves with any handle material....but for example, RMJ's are awesome hawks with high tech modern materials, but IMO, the handle material sucks, even though it can shield you from thousands of volts of electric shock....it's just not grippy. I don't know if you're supposed to rough it up with sand paper or something before using it....but stock, it's pretty slippery if you're using it hard.

J

How do you have thousands of messages or whatever the little icon under our username represents, but no reviews or feedback? You've one hundreds/thousands of transactions and not a single prick left feedback for you?
Calm. Down. You're either seeing his hometown of 10,000 Lakes, or his comment count of 4K-something. Comments do not equal sales transactions, it means he is an active member of the community and posts alot.

Back