N.Y show....please update us..!

Wwhhoooaaarrr....Brian! Nice knives you've got there! Please join in to post any pix you've taken at the show! Thanks!
smile.gif

Nice lineup Brian. That Bernard, a tactical- kitchen- bowie- kukri??
smile.gif

What model does Arno call it?

Nice lineup there, Brian.
It was great to put the face with the name.
I ripped thru the show Friday from the opening till around 2:30. Got to meet Lifter & Nakano
smile.gif

I also picked up a beautiful Russel Easler small hunter with sheep horn and mosaic pins
smile.gif

Some day I'll figga out the picture posting thing...
Lets do it again in March
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Ebbtide (edited 11-18-2000).]

Gee! How did I miss this one?
confused.gif
Eric ~ Time to do some serious saving up if you want to check out the show!! *hee-hee!*

Sam

------------------
have spydies
will travel...
AKTI Member #A001148

Brian,

Nice selection of knives.
Also, like to say it was nice to meet everyone. for the people who didn't attend,
you missed a great bunch of guys.(I didn't
meet Donna)
Not long 'til March.
Win

o.k here is what i did at the show..
regretably did not have the chance to meet a lot of forumites [they did not wear they sticker badge] so i had the pleasure to meet only samo and lifter.
but i was busy shoping..
2*elishwitz folders
one apogee CF +EDC folder +2 arc lite from darrel
one randall #16,pat crawfard's WARTEC,and a bunch of production benchmade and emersomns
to finance the whole shopping spree..
smile.gif

and mannaged to trade with spyderco Sal the long awaited CF military..
biggrin.gif

scorpio.

Thanks folks. One of the hardest things about these shows is actually picking what to get or, more accurately, what to leave behind.
confused.gif
So many knives, so little money.
frown.gif

Hardware aside, one of the best things about these shows is the opportunity they give us to talk knives in person. As Win said, it's not that long until March.
smile.gif

Congrats on the Easler, Ebbtide. He does some beautiful work and, IMO, gives real value for the buck. It sounds like you had a great shopping trip, Scorpio. I'm sorry to have missed you this time.

Originally posted by Nakano 2:
...That Bernard, a tactical- kitchen- bowie- kukri??
smile.gif
What model does Arno call it?

I'm missing the khukuri resemblance but otherwise I agree -- it seems like it will be equally comfortable in both tactical & food prep roles. Arno calls it simply a "Utility" but, to my eye at least, it has a Persian look to it. What do others think?

It is quite light for a knife with a 4" blade, tipping my postal scale at barely 3 1/2 ozs. It is 440C and 1/8" thick immediately in front of the handle but both a distal taper and tapered tang really kept the weight down.

The scales are black ivory (an African hardwood, not animal ivory) and the blade has a 2-tone finish -- mirror on the flats by the choil & spine and satin on the grinds. I'll probably set up a kydex/concealex rig for it but the original sheath is beautifully done as well. It is a cowhide belt sheath, pouch type, with an ostrich leather inlay. I'll try to get some better pics a bit later today.

------------------
Cheers,
Brian

He who finishes with the most toys wins.

Here's a slightly better pic of the Bernard:
View

I'll try again after I get it & the Handiman back from having the handles checkered. BTW, I also added individual pics of some of the others to my photo album.

------------------
Cheers,
Brian

He who finishes with the most toys wins.

Scorpio, you met me. I was sitting at Darrel's table and we managed to chat.

------------------
~ JerryO ~

Cogito Cogito Ergo Cogito Sum

Scorpio, if you weren' t too busy holding up the walls behind the Spyderco tables you would have noticed that I waved a gesture of hello!
smile.gif

Didn' t i.d. Donna either. Perhaps in an attempt to circumvent forum member detectors
smile.gif
she had herself covered completely with Mirage X ceramic dusting!
smile.gif

See you both in March?

L8r,
Nakano

JerryO and Nakano,
nice to see you guys,i'm sorry i did not mention you but since you were not wearing blade forum badge i probebly did not connect the face to the blade forum persona.
however the pleasure of meeting you remaind.
scorpio.

Dudes ~ It was great meeting up with some of you at the NY show!!
biggrin.gif
Truly and eye-opener especially for someone who had flown in from the Far East to check out good cutting tools! The selection was awesome and plenty of interesting discourse with custom and production knifemakers!! Scorpio, Lifter, Nakano ~ You dudes ROCK!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sam

------------------
have spydies
will travel...
AKTI Member #A001148

Hiya Scorpio, Yeah I was bad didn't wear my ID.

Donna was there Friday, I don't recall if she made it on Sat. though.

------------------
~ JerryO ~

Cogito Cogito Ergo Cogito Sum

Back