Naked and Afraid on Discovery

Yup, he was a bit of a jerk, she seemed to me the more mature one. Though they both struggled a bit (as would anyone under those circumstances). Definitely would have scared the crap out of me to be that close to a Ferdilance!!! Those guys are masters of disguise.

Doc

you see the part when the chick walked right over one. I don't think I want to be naked in the jungle or in any survival situation.

Yeah, that gave me the heebie jeebies! I had seen the pictures of that producers foot shortly after it happened, and that is one nasty wound! And to think aroud here we get worked up over cottonmouths.

Yes, they had to do a relief incision. If not the limb will loose blood flow due to swelling and quite possibly the whole foot would have become gangrenous. They have to leave it open for a period of time. Really ugly stuff. Have to do similar treatments to rattlesnake bites in the US.

Doc

Haven't seen it yet but guess I'll have to check it out. I just can't imagine any amount of money or anything else that would convince me to spend 30 days, butt naked, anywhere on earth.
Well, I'd give serious consideration to spending to 30 naked days and nights with Alyssa Milano at her place. :D

Do they ever think to maybe eat some of the greenery? I think if i went on one of these programs i'd at least google "wild edibles" of that area before i left home.

Do they ever think to maybe eat some of the greenery? I think if i went on one of these programs i'd at least google "wild edibles" of that area before i left home.

Yeah, they didn't seem to have received much in the way of local foliage identification. I like the concept minus the naked part; sure it adds to the advertisement, but is pretty stupid in my opinion. I think it would have at least made more sense to grant them flip flops and a bathing suit. They each could choose one item. She chose a machete and he chose a Strike Force firesteel; pretty good pairing.

I was interested in the water purification (or lack there of), they didn't seem to do anything but drink directly from a moving water source. I've spent some time in the highland jungle of Ecuador and I can attest to the pretty cold temperature drops during the rainy season.

The guy was a work horse but was about as whiny as a 12 year old girl; the girl (other than the food poisoning) was quite mature and level headed. Looking forward to tonight's episode, but I'll DVR it and watch it tomorrow.

ROCK6

I thought the show was decent and agree a bathing suit or pt shorts would be suitable. Being the tenderfoot I am I'd have to at least have my Tevas or I die in place.
The guy was definitely a whiner. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

The one episode I saw they had a stream full of possible edibles and and didnt try to fish or build any kind of trap for fish, crawdads, freshwater shrimp, shell fish,etc. Also knew nothing about edible plants. The guy was whining about being hypothermic and starving while he was sitting in the middle of the creek!WTF!

After seeing just 3 minutes of the show, I was wondering if the show will last to see another season.

After seeing just 3 minutes of the show, I was wondering if the show will last to see another season.

Yes, I liked the first show but last nights seem to left me cold, I think they should call it naked and starving and afraid. I also think the fish were planted there so they could eat some food.

I like the show so far. I'm glad they are using different people every episode. They should at least put some clothes on the guys.

The Alaskan woman in the second show concentrated on foraging for edible plants, much to the annoyance of the he-man solder. But it was she who carried all of the load when he was sidelined by an infected foot. She even caught a fish by spreading her legs-my kind of woman; too bad I'm already married.

Clearly the men they pic for the show are type A with the goal of getting to the finish line as if it proves something. Makes for good tv for sheeple that don't know any better. I have yet to see any of the teams flourish in any way. You would think that being out for 21 days someone would build some form of trap!

In the first episode they managed to build a fire and a shelter, and ate 2 times in 3 weeks, how are they survival experts?
I mean aside from the accidental bumping into a snake and seeing a turtle they have not tried to actively get food in 3 weeks.

I'm just glad Discovery Channel didn't come up with this idea with any of the cast of "Dual Survival"....................

Back