Name a Custom Knife!

Hello Everybody,

Over the last couple of months Andre DeVilliers and I have been working on a exclusive knife. So far I am extremely pleased with the prototype. All we need is a good name and any possible design suggestions

Here are the specs:

Blade Length: 3 1/2"
Overall: 8"
Blade: Satin Finished ATS-34
Handle: Carbon Fiber (the prototype has a polished micarta handle)
Liners: Anodized Titanium
- Liner Locking with pocket clip.
adv.jpg

adv2.jpg

I can't wait to hear what you guys think.

Larry

------------------
KnifeArt.com - Fine Custom Knives
KnifeDirectory.com - Web Knife Directory

[This message has been edited by KnifeArt (edited 04-25-2000).]

My suggestion for a name is "The Eagle"

I would also add a Lanyard hole to the butt of the knife handle.

Very nice looking knife. Just about my ideal utility version. For what it is worth here are my other opinions;

Blade Length: 3 1/2"
Overall: 8"
Blade: Satin Finished BG-42 (or 420V)
Handle: keep the micarta handle
Liners: Anodized Titanium
- Liner Locking with pocket clip.

------------------
It's only a mistake if you fail to learn from it!

Excellent design. Blademan 13 and BH offered the same suggestions I would have.

Fox

I'm not too good with names, but I'll second the idea of keeping the polished micarta handles in lieu of carbon fiber and going with a steel other than ATS-34; maybe 440V or 420V. Also, I'd go with a black pocket clip if the scales are going to be black. Titanium bolsters would be nice, too, and then the silver pocket clip would look better than black, but if the idea is to keep the cost down maybe that's not such a great idea.

Nice knife!
smile.gif

------------------
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:23

Sorry for this silly post but it reminded me of my Niece. Her job was to name all the new baby lambs on Her grannys farm. She had to name about 12 lambs. The first 11 were named very exotic names, most from Disney movies. We were all enjoying the naming of the lambs, then she got to the last one and she said, in a very grown up voice "and this one we'll call Steve". We all were rolling on the ground laughing and she couldn't understand what was so funny.
Maybe you had to be there !!!

I think we should call this knife "STEVE".

Love the knife by the way.

John

------------------
http://www.toptexknives.com/yeackley.htm My contribution to the world of knife fanatics.

http://www.sixgunner.com/blumagnum/default.htm

[*]DeVil
[*]Carbonite
[*]Legend
[*]Feather-Lite
[*]Vulcan : (the god of fire & blacksmiths)
[*]Prometheus: The name means "forethought"
[*]centaur
[*]Sphinx
[*]Pegasus

With the clouds in the back ground and the slight curved flow along the top of the knife gotta go with: ANGEL WING OR BLACK ANGEL

------------------
Rs
Don
Medicine Man of the Extinct Fugowee Tribe

How bout CADDIE Then you could call it Caddie by DeVillers . Kinda has a nice ring to it . Sounds better than Fresh Onions or sweet onions I think but then again I'm just a pungent edible bulb
smile.gif
. By the way nice knife any way you choose to do it .

Aloha!!! Ken Onion

That's a great looking knife Larry. Stab1 had the right idea with the cloud background idea, but knife reminds me of the light puffy clouds called "Cumulus". Will you have one at the Blade Showin Atlanta?

Jeff

AarDVark- hey it is the first one I came across in the dictionary!
wink.gif

Daniel

P.S. Great knife design. 420v and stay with the micarta. I like the forward rake of the blade from the handle.

Back