Name not meant to offend!

:eek: I just spoke to one of our very distinguished fellow forumates. I was a bit surprised (but I understand why) that he took my Nickname on the forum here to be rather brutal and a bit put-offish. I just wanted to post to say that I had no such intention. "Rigormootis" is the name of the model of mountain bike that I ride. It is made by a company called Moots (http://65.108.38.23/bikes-mountain.shtml) ...which incorporates their name in all their model names. The bike that I have is a "hardtail" - one that has a solid frame - hence the name "rigor-mootis". Sorry if my handle has caused any of you to think I am a bit off-center ;).

Best regards,

RM

Offended by your screen name ?! Well amigo, I for one, don't have any problem with it. Sorry, but PC people offend me to no end.
I might also add that if you were unfortunate enough to be at ground zero during a nuclear attack,
the only thing they would find, is your Seb stuck in your G2 sheath.
Cheers

Your handle doesn't bother me at all! Your explaination was a gesture of good faith and highly informative.

With that said, I have yet another opportunity to say that all this PC nonsense is a bunch a bunch of garbage!

Thanking you all for your time and attention to this matter, I remain ...:rolleyes:

That goes to show that the old saying is true:'

You can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time. But, you can never please all of the people all of the time.

:(

Some folks need to take life a little less seriously.

:) :D :rolleyes: ;) :cool: :p

Well guys...thanks for the support. I know the man who thought it was a bit off-color was very well intentioned. Don't be too hard on him...he's really a great fellow. It came up in conversation quite off-handedly...and I addressed it very quickly. Again...I am happy to hear your thoughts (now if someone would just post a response to my "end-cap idea" thread) ;)

Regards,
RM

I had a feeling you were a mountain biker.

Moots makes good stuff, from what I read (and see $$).

I ride a '98 K2 4000, but that is only because I...
1a. bought it as my 1st MTB, before I knew what I was doing.
1b. got it for a good price from the old Irvine Bikes (a$$holes though, they deserved to go out of biz)
2. started changing parts and upgrading over a 2 year period, so now it's a $2500 bike I can't bear to sell at a HUGE discount
3. have an expensive knife hobby that gets in the way of a new mountain bike

My next bike (or alternatively, if I had to do it over again) will either be an Intense Tracer or maybe the new Santa Cruz XC w/ the Virtual Pivot Point, once they debug it. (The Ellsworth Truth is right up there too).

You ought try out a modern full suss, RigorMootis!
You might never go back!

Hey NOW, I did not say it was terrible :D, I just thought you were a little "OFF". I thought it was rigormortis or whatever as in the condition after death is, YUK..... I only mentioned it AFTER I found out what you did for a living and then based on my assumption of the name thought it odd.... Thats what I get for ASSuming! And those that know me know I am NOT politically correct! Heck, I am not even correct all that often :) DISTINGUISHED ?.... well I just don't know about that.....

It's only a "screen name." I've always been amused with some of the handles that people come up with. . . Some great imaginations from a bunch of knife knuts. :D

The only other bike I have liked 1/2 as much as my Moots was my old Airborne Black Widow (Reynolds 853 steel hardtail)... I might buy one of there new road bikes next year...if I don't blow everything buying more knives :rolleyes: ;) :D

Originally posted by rdangerer

You ought try out a modern full suss, RigorMootis!
You might never go back!

I tried an Ellsworth Truth once...liked it quite a bit...but I subscribe to the Keep It Simple Stupid principle...and I really like the simplicity, clean lines, inherent strength, beautiful titanium, and weight of my hardtail (sort of sounded like I was talking about a sebbie ;) ). I know a FS or even a soft-tail would make me a bit faster in some areas (chatter-bumbs, big hits, etc. and punish my back less...but I am a hardtail guy. For the most part, I ride / race singletrack, not true 'downhill' stuff anyway. Happy ridin'

Hey, I just saw this. I wasn't offended at all, I just thought you were a bad speller. :D

I had no idea mountain bikes could be so expensive! Imagine my surprise a couple of years ago, when I paid about $600 for my Giant mountain bike. I thought I was spending a lot of money.

Just goes to show how much attention I pay! I thought it was rigormortis also. Only after reading your post did I realize it was rigormootis:eek:

Oh well, I will just have to be more attentive in my reading. Seems like I've heard that somewhere............. oh yeah, thats what I tell my 7th graders everyday:D

Originally posted by Danbo
I had no idea mountain bikes could be so expensive! Imagine my surprise a couple of years ago, when I paid about $600 for my Giant mountain bike. I thought I was spending a lot of money.

;) I think that AchimW said it best "Sebenza - cheapest knife I ever owned" (http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=174424&highlight=sebenza) That's how I feel about my Moots. While EVERYTHING requires maintanance, I think the only three things I "own" that I'll never need to replace (only maintain) are: my Marrage, my Moots, and my new Sebbies. :cool: All are of such caliber and quality that I could never need anything more.

You go rigormootis you mountain bike ridin' fool!
Unbelievable that anyone would get offended by something like that.
I mean, it's not as if your name name is "pussuckingbastid" or something like that!
Geeeeez!
Does this mean that we can talk mountain bikes now, huh, can we, can we?
I just ordered my Steel Ibis Mojo.
Wheels from Dave's Speed Dream wheels should be here any day.
I am so psyched. What could be better, a new bike on the way and a Sebenza in the pocket! (obligatory knife content)
Inquiring minds.......
Lenny

PS: sorry if I offended any of you PC types with the gratuitous reference to "pussuckingbastid" above :)

Awesome bike and wheels Lenny! I now am riding a hand built set (WTB Momentum Hubs, Bontrager Valiant rims (black) 32 / 32; DT DB Revolution 15/17g. spokes (black) front, DT DB Competition 14/15g. spokes (black) rear). I am thinking that a Horizontal G2 sheath for my small plain sebbie would go great mounted on the top-tube....I mean, the Titanium of the bike and handles would complement each other so nicely ;) :cool: In all fairness, I don't think that Paul was 'offended', rather, he thought it a bit uncouth (my words) that a Social Psychologist/USMCR CID agent would use the handle 'rigormortis.' I was just concerned that others may think the same (and I wanted everyone to know it was the name of a GREAT BIKE...not a bodily condition ;)). No big deal at all. From what little I know of him, TallPaul is a man of integrity and honor, two of the most important traits one can have. He also sells GREAT knives...like the large blue leather Inlayed classic I am buying from him! :D

I have to jump in at any opp to talk knives and bikes. I usually hang out at Emerson forum, but I am doing research in prep for getting my first sebbie. Anyway, I ride a Litespeed Owl Hollow MTS (full-suspension w/ lockout), with a Psylo fork, XT disc brakes,and the new Shimano Rolf disc wheels. Twenty-five pounds with five inches up front and six in the rear is invinceable. Total package would have cost 5 grand if I hadn't run high school track with the President of Litespeed. I plan on posting my nubie sebenza questions later. Winter would really suck if it wasn't for knives.

Originally posted by glockjock
Winter would really suck if it wasn't for knives.

I almost spit my coffee all over my monitor when I read this...:D (Actually, now I wonder why it was so funny....BECAUSE IT IS TRUE...and it perfectly describes my feelings!) Bravo! Nice Bike BTW! FYI, my 19" Rigormootis has a Marzocchi X-Fly 100 on the front (4" travel) and weighs a bit over 23 lbs...complete with pedals, computer, 2 cages/bottles (empty of course).:cool:

Back