Name That Knife GA!! We Have a Winner!! See post #132!

"Cicada Scout" or "Cicada Jack" is my entry.

For the shape and the ties to being a small cigar. Cicada in Spanish is "cigarra" and is thought to be where the name originated because of the similarity of the flying insect to the tobacco product...

Also, for those who don't know about cicadas, they live underground for many years before surfacing. This knife stayed underground for about 10 years at GEC until it surfaced! That's about typical for Texas cicadas! And once they come to the surface they molt and hang out in the live oaks and sing all through the summer time. I love sitting outside and listening to the cicadas singing. It's a Symphony at my house with live oaks that are hundreds of years old blanketing the entire lot.

Campagna Punch

Often the punch was described by the inventor... for example, the Harrison punch (shown below). I know Charlie didn't invent the punch but he definitely is responsible for rejuvenating this very old pattern.

In line with the White Owl I would call this one The Philly. Its a cheap everyman's cigar named after a Great Eastern city, and that punch would work great as a cigar poker. There it is that's my entry.

Since its a small cattle knife, it makes sense to name it after a famous small cattle

#35 Dexter Jack

Limousin .

Limousin cattle are highly muscled beef cattle.The Limousin is a very old breed of cattle.

Post 59 had my idea but I went to bed...

The 35 is a versatile frame, symmetrical, can house all manner of blades. Single, Jack, Pen, 3 blade Cattle, Scout, Lifter, Punch, Pruner..et al.

So, I'd now suggest DRIFTER as a prefix as it can move freely across boundaries of time, space and blade configuration.

Thanks, Will

Seems like an almost magical knife to me: equal-end, great size.
Let's not mess around!
I dub thee EXCALIBUR!

- GT

I also am leaning toward a scout-themed name, as this knife was patterned after a BSA knife.

In honor of Lord Baden Powell, the founder of Scouting, I would call it the LBP, or Baden jack.

The Chisholm - after the old Chisholm Trail cattle drives!

Last edited:
Why Trail Boss of course! (Trail Boss Jack that is)

Last edited:
Limousin .

Limousin cattle are highly muscled beef cattle.The Limousin is a very old breed of cattle.

Aubrac is a close relative to Limousin, even more rugged. But the name is already used! :D

Back