1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Native 5 - Smooth G10 & Cruwear?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by BMCGear, Aug 27, 2019.

1. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I've come across this sprint recently and I'm considering it. I did a search but I'm not seeing anything about the knife on the forum.

Has anyone got one yet? Post some pics and thoughts if you do?

Thanks!

2. Don W

Don W Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I bought the Manix 2 version and love it. I didnt know there was a Native version. Thanks. I just ordered it. I'll let you know how it is when it arrives.

3. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I’ve got one and I love it! I have the smooth green/S90V version as well. I’m a big fan of the linerless smooth G10 KC Natives! In typical Golden, CO fashion, F&F is great, nice action, locks up like a vault, and of course...Cruwear!

4. Captain Howdy

Captain Howdy

Apr 28, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up, I would have missed it. There have been rumblings over the years for a cruwear Native I guess it’s finally here. When was the release? Native sprints usually don’t get the attention the other flagships do but this release was totally under my radar.

5. blame it on god

blame it on god Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 21, 2013
    If I still have a job and a house after the hurricane passes. And they are still in stock. I'll grab one.

6. Don W

Don W Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I received the Native. It is outstanding. What a great knife. quick pic with the Manix.
    [​IMG]

Organic556 likes this.
  7. anycal

anycal

Jan 11, 2017
    I like mine a lot. I have the peal ply G10, FRN, and now this. Easy on the pocket.

[​IMG]

DavidZ likes this.
  8. WJRJR

WJRJR

May 19, 2006
    Smooth G10 looks awesome. Love the Native, so that is definitely going on the "want" list.

WJR

9. archieblue

archieblue Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2001
    Yup. That’s a sexy Native!

10. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    I'm just about finished with something special for mine. :)

[​IMG]

DavidZ and marcus52AR like this.
  11. Eljay2

Eljay2

Sep 25, 2018
    The smooth g10 really is something nice!

12. ferider

ferider Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2018
    I don't mind the smooth G10. I do mind the lack of liners in a Cruwear knife though. So mine became this:

[​IMG]

Now I also have an S35vn smooth black G10 linerless Native 5 for daughter #1. Daughter #2 already carries a yellow LC200N one.

:)

blee, DavidZ and blades&wrenches like this.
  13. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    My idea of the perfect Native 5 is just about complete. :D

Cruwear blade, steel liners, and african blackwood scales. Now I just have to decide on a clip. Right now I'm thinking of getting one of those gorgeous creations by Josh of Razor Edge Knives.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Don W, civtamayo, ferider and 2 others like this.
  14. steelcitysixteen

steelcitysixteen Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2017
    The perfect Native would be one with a Cruwear blade, and Micarta scales on the linered model. I'm thinking with the success of the Shaman this should be inevitable as smaller companion blade. I'm voting for OD Green Micarta to match the OD Green Micarta Cruwear Shaman Sal mentioned will likely be happening.

ferider likes this.