Natrix Copper

Nope but Ive been checking it out.

Doesnt look bad at all.

Just be aware, that its scaled down.

Nope but Ive been checking it out.

Doesnt look bad at all.

Just be aware, that its scaled down.

Didn't know it was scaled down. It looks cool man, I want one too. Not sure what I think about the copper yet. I wish they would have made the one with the cool carbon fiber insert in D2 as well.

I have not heard any word on it as yet. I watch Kershawguy.com to see when he gets them, but nothing so far.

I love copper for whatever reason, and I like the larger Natrix, so this one is a must for me.

Let's add some pictures from the Kershaw site to this thread.

7006cu_profile_1020x400.png

7006cu_clipside-closed_1020x400.png

Courtesy link back to the Kershaw info site.

best

mqqn

Quite interested in it too have no clue when it's coming out. It'll be interesting to see the quality being a Chinese Kershaw with D2. I do know the 7777 Bareknuckle comes out in the spring so maybe a little after it

I have not heard any word on it as yet. I watch Kershawguy.com to see when he gets them, but nothing so far.

I love copper for whatever reason, and I like the larger Natrix, so this one is a must for me.

Let's add some pictures from the Kershaw site to this thread.

7006cu_profile_1020x400.png

7006cu_clipside-closed_1020x400.png

Courtesy link back to the Kershaw info site.

best

mqqn
Yeah, this one actually tops my want list at the moment, which surprises me a little, but it's a size that I find myself using more and more often, falling right in line with my Chaparral and Urban, D2 is a favorite steel, I like copper a great deal and add in the very reasonable price, KVT, interesting subframe lock and warranty and I'm sold hard.

This and my Lumintop Prince in copper will be my first 'matched set'. ;)

I only have a Maratac AAA in Copper - but I was looking at a Sinner custom copper....MUST....NOT.....CLICK......

best

mqqn

Would want if it wasn't made in China as a budget knife. Bought original natrix and it's junk. Wish Kershaw USA made it. The og natrix is pure gas station knife. Many poor reviews from customers and yt. Lots of fake reviews praising it put me off even more.

Converting to kvt probably helps but design wise it's not going to make me try the new versions... Bite me once, I've learned.

As much as I love copper I dunno if I can do it.

Edit... The natrix was a small knife, this version being even smaller is worse for me in general.

Last edited:
I wish all the D2 knives upgraded themselves to DC53... then I'd be interested :) I don't know why D2 is still so popular

Too small for my taste, but since I have a copper handled PM2 which I like, so I am planning on gifting a Copper Natrix to my sister since she liked the look of the copper handles on the PM2.:)

I wish all the D2 knives upgraded themselves to DC53... then I'd be interested :) I don't know why D2 is still so popular

Value prop. Tool steel toughness, semi-stainless (unlike most other tool steels), takes a great edge, and keeps it like some higher priced stainless steels. It fills a fairly unique niche, hence its ongoing popularity used in knives ranging from low price range like the Ontario Rat folders, to mid-priced range for example some Steel Will folders or Benchmades, and even some higher priced blades like Dozier, and even the latest Hindered Field Tac fixed blade is using D2. It ain't going away!

I love copper as a handle material. It develops a rich warm patina over time. Scratches from use or pocket carry patina quickly and blend back in so your knife never looks beat up like aluminum, stainless steel or titanium.

On the other hand, I’ve never had a good experience with D2. After three disappointing blades made of D2 (Benchmade 15020 Bone Collector, Queen Cutlery Congress and Knives of Alaska) I tend to avoid it. The Benchmade 15020 was the worst. It wouldn’t hold an edge and just rolled way too easily.

The moderate stain resistance of D2 never develops a nice looking patina. It seems to get blotchy, and somewhat discolored, but never in a nice way like less stain resistant steels.

I may end up giving the Natrix Copper a chance if the price is right, but it’s strictly because I love the handle material. Hoping that I’ll eventually find a D2 blade that doesn’t disappoint.

Back