Natrix vs matrix the 0777 quagmire

View attachment 707799 Despite what I wrote, Marfione is not lazy. In fact, this could not be further from the truth. Marfione grew up in Rochester, NY the son of a single mother. He had precious few resources as a young man and he realized that he had to work to survive. Fortunately, his mother instilled in him a great work ethic. And so, just after 9th grade, he entered the working world. He has been working ever since. Slowly, he built a company and turned that small knife business into a sophisticated corporation. He has what he refers to as "Kung Fu" thumbs from decades spent pushing steel into belts, crafting not just knives, but an existence for himself and his family. That's not laziness. It is the exact opposite.

It is telling that he did not offer this information up. There was not an ounce of brag or sob story with Marfione--just hard work. What pains me greatly is that his story is very similar to my grandfather's story of how he made it out of Appalachia and made a life for himself and his family. So, to call someone who did what my grandfather did “lazy” is particularly heartbreaking for me. I can't imagine someone saying this about my grandfather, yet I did so to someone who is a grandfather himself.

I also called Marfione greedy. In talking to him, I learned this too could not be further from the truth. He referenced the article's impact on his family, not himself. By “family”, he meant his actual family and his Microtech family, including all of the employees that depend upon him for their livelihood. The Microtech family is large, some 90 people in two locations, and all of them depend on Marfione. He carries that weight with a sense of responsibility and stewardship. He cares deeply about both families and realizes that their fortunes rise and fall on his back. This, it seems to me, is the very opposite of greed.

I am genuinely sorry for the words I chose and I apologize to Marfione and his family, particularly his wife Susan, the employees at Microtech, both in Bradford (where Marfione kept the doors open through some very tough financial times out of loyalty to his people) and in Fletcher and to Hank Greenberg and Jason McCoy, two public faces of the company who have had to deal with these issues since the article was published.

Finally, I regret that people who read that article may have thought that I had some special knowledge that a suit had been filed against Microtech because of the letter KAI sent to Microtech regarding the subframe lock. If anyone does believe that Microtech was involved in a lawsuit regarding the subframe lock, that belief is incorrect. Any implication to the contrary reflects my lack of attention to both sides of the story in the article. Additionally, upon reflection, I wish I had noted the timing of the letter I referenced in the article. Coming just days before Blade, I now appreciate the impact the letter had on Microtech. At the time, however, I just missed this point entirely because I was only paying attention to one side of the story.

I would also like to address the knife that was the reason for writing the article. I assumed that I knew all I needed to know about the specific knives referenced in the article. Like others, I mistakenly believed that I knew all the facts about the situation. Today, having listened to a different perspective, I now know that I did not. While I believed at the time that I was correcting some injustice, I was only being shortsighted.

If you want to support me, and lot of you have kindly reached out during this whole ordeal, do this--hold judgment until you have all of the facts. It is what I should have done. Also do this--stop harassing Microtech and Marfione. Having met the man and shaken his hand, I can tell you he doesn't deserve it.

Let's move on and focus on what we all enjoy here--the knives. And if you haven't noticed, I have never said anything bad about Microtech’s knives. The ones I have had the good fortune of handling are great. Furthermore, what I know about what Microtech has coming confirms that we are truly in a Golden Age of Gear. Amazing stuff is just on the horizon.

^^^ I accept your apology. :thumbsup:

^ I have to say: my Marfione customs, are some of my absolute favorite knives! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You do realize that blog isnt a personal letter wrote for you right?

So Marfione was able to Jekyll and Hyde another person. Shocking... It is laughable that he is referencing his "family". How about the son he is suing? I mean, he couldn't possibly be doing that out of greed? Nah... not him.. I suppose regurgitating a story that was approved by Marfione was better than being drug through a long drawn out lawsuit. If words had a smell those would smell like horse shit.

Reactions: Mo2
There is drama around Emerson now?
This thread is very interesting....I would always comd across Marfione knives (sigil), and thought that was one of the best looking knives out there with some good materials, and wondered why people were not talking about it that much.

I guess, just like with Emerson, there is too much drama surrounding the name.

Tony m. is still the bad guy in my eyes. That 0777 I mean matrix is still in production.

Let's wrap it up Tony.

You can thank some numbskulls for jumping on my back because I know how to use logic (which clearly makes me the #1 fanboy in the world).

I think I remember that. ZT makes great knives..... I was considering my first microtech and decided against it. Ended up going for a Jarosz folder

This is the most hysterical bit of hypocrisy I have seen in a while. On CKF's instagram they call out a US retailer for selling a clone of their Decepticon. (That's a whole other ball of wax as CKFs are no doubt being made by a company that either once or may still be producing clones. Probably made the Decepticon clone. Also, I'd be shocked if CKF licensed the "Decepticon" trademark from Hasbro.)

Anyway, Marfione gets right on the case in righteous indignation. LOL!

Marfione_Hypocrisy.jpg

Last edited:
Judge Dismisses Microtech vs. KAI Lawsuit

In her decision, Judge Barbara J. Rothstein writes that among the email communications “there is no indication that Welk knew, let alone encouraged, Sculimbrene to include [the ‘Natrix’ name, a genus of grass snake] or anything else in his upcoming Article.” Furthermore, she points out that under the law, reposting something another individual wrote is not the same as writing it. “Under the ‘Good Samaritan’ provision of the Communications Decency Act…a ‘provider or [a] user of an interactive computer service’ may not be treated as the ‘publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.’”​

Oh God, it's two hours long.
Well the information comes in before an hour in but I wasn't paying attention to exactly what time it was discussed. Sorry. Honestly I haven't got through the other half yet to see if there is more or not. Lots of interesting info otherwise, like Benchmade is getting all the m390. Worth a listen.... Though half of that 1hour was the boys poking fun of themselves. Lol

Back