Neck carry method on consistent basis?

I just finished reading "The Jungle Books" by Rudyard Kipling to my kids. Mowgli carried a neck knife that was a small skinner. This was the knife he used to skin the "10 foot long tiger" Sheer Kahn. He played with this knife a lot including repeatedly stabbing it into the ground. He broke it on the back of a crocodile. Shortly after breaking his skinning knife he came upon a person killed by a wild boar. This person had a "larger knife" that Mowgli took. As just payment for the new knife he tracked down and killed the boar. This knife he also carried around his neck, which we learn in a much later story had an 18 inch blade!! (now that's a weight). Based on the reading I don't think he carried it in a sheath either (although this isn't clear). One of the all time great sections of the books was the chapter called "Red Dogs". In this story he was sitting on tree limb taunting a pack of wild dogs below him and while sitting there he was "sharpening his knife on the sole of his foot." (Now that's a new one for the Sharpening FAQ.) This long neck knife came in handy for slicing and dicing about 200 of those dogs.

Sorry for the slow response. Hard to get a line on an airplane. The info that I have for the kydex neck sheath maker is:

Michael Sastre
River City Sheaths
P.O. Box 421
Hamilton, Ohio 45012
TEL - 513-868-9680
VideoSAS@aol.com

I have seen and used his kydex neck sheaths for Spyderco; Police, Endura, Delica, Merlin, Harpy and Dragonfly; Easy access, easy open (the hole is accessible), no chance of falling on the open knife blade.
sal

Back