need a good USA made folder

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by snakedoc.ua, Sep 15, 2013.

1. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Sanity Not Included Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Spyderco gb is made in Taiwan

2. chrisfa

chrisfa Banned BANNED

Sep 15, 2012
    yea so this probably wouldn't be a good option if he is looking for usa made. Tough usa made folder? to me sounds like a buck csar-t

3. cziv

cziv

Nov 24, 2005
    I like the ZT 0200, and any of the ZT 0300 series. I love the ZT 0301 that I bought. This knife is a real beast!

4. fsatsil

fsatsil

Sep 15, 2009
    Benchmade Presidio. Not exactly a very thick blade but is a solid knife that has an aluminum handle, is US made, and its under $150.

5. fsatsil

fsatsil

Sep 15, 2009
    There's also the ZT0801 which is coming soon

6. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Maybe try a stainless handle endura or police model from spyderco. both can come saber ground for toughness and are relatively thick.

sorry, I didn't register USA made.

7. snakedoc.ua

snakedoc.ua

Jun 30, 2012
    i just like the metal handles as the last plastic ones broke. this new g10 may be the best thing?
    i like the serration as it cuts the heavy zip ties easier then a strait blade. and i cut wires a lot and all kinds of junk. my esee is a strait blade and it works good for most things but i just like having the serrations there if i need it.

8. jimmyredd

jimmyredd

Mar 5, 2008
    The Cold Steel Code 4 has a 3.5 inch blade, metal handles, the option for partial serrations, and about the strongest lock you're going to find on a folder. All for about 60 bucks. However it is made in Taiwan.

9. Blade-fiend

Blade-fiend

Apr 11, 2013
    As mentioned by both RamZar and Bigfatts the BM 275 Adamas is THE heavy use folder. People can argue till they are blue in the face and still not find a better brute then that even if you ramp your price range up to $300. As for the metal handle requirement, G10 will hold up to the abuse and not show the wear that metals will.

10. GrinderMcgee

GrinderMcgee

Jun 23, 2008
    Mackinac Hunter from CS. Ditch the USA fetish and there is a few options from Cold Steel. Heaviest pocket knife in my collection is ZT 0200 and that fits your criteria.

11. snakedoc.ua

snakedoc.ua

Jun 30, 2012
    im leaning hard on the adamas it looks real nice, i dont thing i will try a over seas knife again i have had bad luck with them all, i have used cold steal before and did not like the craftsmanship.

12. polaris500

polaris500

Oct 17, 2011
    Cold steel has a really strong lock on their knives, but their AUS8A sucks (based on my experiences). Get the Benchmade. You can't beat the knife. With Benchmade's craftsmanship, warranty, blade steel and what have you, it's an excellent knife. And I feel the G10 grips are better than any metal grips. They're more grippy, look better and probably just as, if not tougher, than aluminum.

13. cards94

cards94

Jul 23, 2013
    how do you like the axis lock? any problems?

14. dr_fosg8

dr_fosg8

Mar 17, 2013
    Kershaw blur blems!! USA made metal handles and come in part serrated, even in a tanto if you prefer. Plus you could get like 3 for your budget.

15. cards94

cards94

Jul 23, 2013
    only problem with them is they're assisted opening. :p

16. flarp

flarp

Sep 7, 2011
    ZT 0350ST and 0200ST come to mind. If you're willing to go up $15 from your limit, Kershawguy has a ZT 0301ST blem for $165.

17. Awhiteha

Awhiteha

Aug 15, 2012
    Sounds like you"ll like Benchmade or a Blackhawk knife. They also pride themselves in USA craftmanship.

18. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    ZT 0350 would be my suggestion as well!

19. HJD

HJD

Nov 25, 2011
    How about the Grayman Satu? Doesn't have serations but meets all other specifications especially being a hefty folder.

20. jkulysses

jkulysses

Dec 8, 2010
    Didn't they come out with an aluminum handled version of it a few months back? Maybe more like 6 months back but I'm almost positive they did make an aluminum version in a couple different colors.