Need a new ASH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky I scored a skinny a couple weeks ago on the exchange. Gotta snap those skinnys up quick!

I’m not sold on the Fat Ash, tho. Why would you want a 6 incher to be that thick? Only thing I can think it would really help is batoning.

Lucky I scored a skinny a couple weeks ago on the exchange. Gotta snap those skinnys up quick!

I’m not sold on the Fat Ash, tho. Why would you want a 6 incher to be that thick? Only thing I can think it would really help is batoning.

I’ve always been amazed how the fat ASH feels. It has to be the FFG cause it doesn’t feel that much heavier in hand. Plus with the FFG the fatty still sports a really nice edge. But those skinny’s are really sweet !! And leave it to Busse to give us the best of both worlds :)
Also got to say I love my BG ASH :)
I say re-release the Battle Grade ASH in infi !!!!! .25 high saber in infi , heck I’d buy 5 or 6 :)

But then it wouldn't be a Battle Grade

No it would be better :):D:thumbsup:

Battle Grade I meant same specs as .25 high saber but infi

The .25 I don’t think has ever been offered on infi. Just the skinny .187 ish .22 and .32

There are some anomalous thicknesses about in INFI (.17, .20, .26 etc) but not in production. I LOVE the .32s !! But I think my happy place could easily be .25 ;)

View media item 934Just bought some calipers and measured my one and only (currently) Ash. It’s a .22 variant and it’s a perfect blend of power and cutting ability for me. It’s my current end of the world blade but it also accompanies me to the kitchen when I make a sandwich. I need another Infi Ash asap.

There must be someone out there....had a seller offer is ASH 1 then withdraw his offer the next day. Crushed my spirit I tell ya. It was a beaut, black paper with big finish.

I’ve always been amazed how the fat ASH feels. It has to be the FFG cause it doesn’t feel that much heavier in hand. Plus with the FFG the fatty still sports a really nice edge. But those skinny’s are really sweet !! And leave it to Busse to give us the best of both worlds :)
Also got to say I love my BG ASH :)
I say re-release the Battle Grade ASH in infi !!!!! .25 high saber in infi , heck I’d buy 5 or 6 :)

I just sold 2 BGs, and tbh they felt clunky to me. Maybe it was the G10 scales or something, but they just didn’t “do it” for me like Skinny with micarta does. Maybe a Fat Ash with G10 would balance better for me.

There must be someone out there....had a seller offer is ASH 1 then withdraw his offer the next day. Crushed my spirit I tell ya. It was a beaut, black paper with big finish.
The ASH-1 CG is one of the most plentiful models ever offered at its time...was open for pre order some 8-10 months long which was pretty long. Long & short, it shouldn't take long to shake one loose at a fair secondary market price.

With that said, this is looking like a wanted to buy thread in a discussion forum, and your question has been answered pretty well on where to look. Time to lock it...sorry

Please show us what you find when you get your hands on one, it's a helluva model in pretty much any configuration. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back