• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Need help finding a service

I’m looking for someone that has experience with a CNC machine and can work with titanium. I’m wanting some knife scales replicated out of titanium but to an extremely high degree of precision. Any help is appreciated

What type of knives?
Well I’ve got a Benchmade and the model is a 480 shoki. What I’m looking for is the g10 section replicated and replaced with titanium. The wood part I’d like made of carbon fiber but there are plenty of people that can do that. I’ll attach a pic soon

I didn’t take pics when I had it apart and assembly is quite a pain so I’d rather not do it again but I found that the g10 is actually one solid piece with a thin section in the middle (under the wood). I bet it could be recreated for Ti in 2 sections however and look/work just fine plus I’m sure that’d be easier.
2r4mo8w.jpg

Last edited:
Would a mod mind moving this thread over to that section?
I don't think it'll be moved because you're requesting work, not offering work. That sub forum is for members that offer a service.

M mylest
I have thought about this myself but just dismissed it as being too expensive. If you do find someone, let me know.
I would love to get a replica of the g 10 scale done in Ti for my ZT 0561
39862439315_4ad0a0ba72_h.jpg

I didn’t take pics when I had it apart and assembly is quite a pain so I’d rather not do it again but I found that the g10 is actually one solid piece with a thin section in the middle (under the wood). I bet it could be recreated for Ti in 2 sections however and look/work just fine plus I’m sure that’d be easier.
2r4mo8w.jpg
Oh, shoot a PM to @Keyman he might know someone that could help you.

Yea I’ve messaged Keyman but he doesn’t work with CNC or Ti. He’s who I had in mind for the carbon fiber section tho! I have first hand experience with his work and it’s top notch!
Yes, I agree he does great work. I always look forward to seeing a new creation from him.
I was hoping he would know someone since he has been mod'ing Benchmades for so long.
Have you checked your local machine shops?

Back