• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Need help.I have been ripped off!: Ebay--> Universal Cutlery

Hi there,
Untill now I never had a complain about buying stuff in the internet overseas. My mind has changed now a bit.

On June I bought a 10"DMT Duosharp and a Spyderco Native from an Ebay store called United Cutlery. I just wanted the stone but a friend of mine didn't mind getting the Native as well so as to split shipping charges.

I payed for it and recived the package. Bad news. The knife was ok but they had sent me an 8"DMT instead of the 10" one. I wrote an email to the seller and he asked me to send it back. Id did so (confirmation and tracking number) and I sent him the scanned receip so he could track the package. According to the USPS Track and Confirm utility, the package arrived on June 26th.

I haven't heard from him since his last email where he told me that he would keep me posted as soon as he recived the package. I have shot him a number of emails since then.

The bad news is that now that I am back from my trip to the Alps I tried to check once again his store and... it is gone. He does not have an ebay store any more. He does not answer my emails. He does not answer my $ request through Pay Pal ($113 for the stone and 20€ for the shipping cost to send the wrong 8"DMT back).

I tried to find some help on Ebay but as you all know, I payed for that item more than 60 days ago so they pretty much told me to eat shit and die...

Yesterday I sent an email to the Spanish postal service (www.correos.es) to tell them about my problem and request the name and ID of the person who picked up my package. Right now that name and ID is the only link among my item (my money really), the seller and the package I sent. I keep the original receip so I guess they will be able to provide me with that info.

Now is when I need your help. Besides suggesting me the best place (price, international shipping and reliability) to get a 10"DMT Duosharp (coarse/fine please), I need to know what to do next.

Who can help me with this thing? Where should I send an email or letter to try to get my money back? Is PayPal going to help me at all? I wouldn't even know where to go here in Spain... so you can figure out I have no idea how to proceed overseas.

Here is the info I have so far
  • The address where I sent the package:
UniversalCutlery
21308 S FM 4
Lipan, TX

• The receip of my package:
receippequeoo8.jpg

• The tracking number (you can check it out in USPS as usual):
RR432440177ES

• The ticket where you can see the 20€ it cost me to send the stone back:
ticketyw2.jpg

• Email of the ebay store:
info@universalcutlery.com

• PayPal account and date where I payed my items:
vcr@hughes.net on May-28-08

• Link to the item:
10" DMT with base

• Random pictures
The stuff I recived:
picture1800x600ww0.jpg

Both Items

picture2800x600dw3.jpg

Notice it is a 8" Duosharp PLUS instead of a plain 10" Duosharp

picture3800x600lw6.jpg

picture4800x600ue6.jpg

Dimensions in cm's.

• The package I sent:
packagepequejc1.jpg

I don't know if this guy just ran out of bussiness, died or what. All I know is that he owes me a 10" DMT or a $113+20€ refund.

Any ideas where I can get a 10"Duosharp that ship overseas?:D

Any help will be welcome,
Mikel

PD: If this ever happens to me again, by no means I am sending anything back before the manufacturer sends me the right thing. Or I will just keep the wrong item and ask for a partial refund.

The way you kept up with the deal you shouldn't have a problem getting your money back through paypal.Don't wait on them to answer a email.File a dispute and follow direction.You will win this.Good Luck.

Interesting. If you google that mailing address, this is one of the hits (FWIW):

http://www.ibegin.com/usa/texas/lipan/vanishing-creek-ranch-21308-s-fm-4.html

Never thought of googling it but this makes a lot of sense. Did you notice the achronim of the PayPal email address?---->vcr@hughes.net (Vanishing Creek Ranch).

I hope to get this whole thing straightened up myself. I am forwarding my emails to this vcr@hughes.net address before doing anything else. I bet the info@universalcutlery.com address is not checked any more.

Thanks a lot for your advice,
Mikel

Did you notice the achronim of the PayPal email address?---->vcr@hughes.net (Vanishing Creek Ranch).
Excellent observation... :thumbup:

Moondrop's link lists a phone number for Vanishing (with your stone) Creek Ranch. A reverse look-up of this number gives this...
Harry Myers

21308 S Fm 4
Lipan,TX 76462-3424

(254) 646-3300

Job title: Owner
Company: Vanishing Creek Ranch

Hope this brings you a little closer to a resolution.
I hate scumbags...

Thanks a lot Markksr,
I guess that now I am closer than ever to get this whole thing straigthened up. I will wait for a response to the email I sent like an hour ago. If this doesn't work, I will send him a letter by mail (cheap). This HAS to work. I could also give Harry Meyers a call using this phone number but even though I can read, write and speak well enough face to face... I just won't feel confident enough to call this guy overseas. I also like to write things down just in case I need to use them later on for whatever reason.
Mikel

I would also not delay in starting whatever needs to be done through Paypal.

I would also not delay in starting whatever needs to be done through Paypal.

True. The problemm I see is that the first transaction worked ok. I mean, I bought some items, payed for them and the guy sent me a package. He screwed up with the item, but he really did send me something. I don't know if the PayPal guys will understand this.

Anyway, I am sending them an email ASAP.
Mikel