Need help --> Is the Large Sebenza 21 / Umnumzaan --> Too Big --> Confused

The large Sebenza fits my hand great, so did the Zaan. Here are a few crappy in hand shots to give you a rough idea.

20130414_091310_zps9e59dfec.jpg

20130414_091352_zpsdbd3518f.jpg

20130414_091008_zpse64369f4.jpg

The large Sebenza isn't that large at all - in fact it is a perfect EDC size.
It is a real knife made for serious use.
It allways depents on where you are.
Out there in the woods the large is reasonable, in the office the small does the trick.
My advice would be to carry the larges possible knife.
red mag

I have all 3 too my friend, Large/Small Sebenzas and the Umnumzaan. The large sebenza and the zaan are excellent sized folders suited for any task. The zaan is and I feel more heavy duty, but the sebenza is as tough as they come as far as folders go. Especially the Regulars with their blade shape. I have used them all for everything and have never felt underwhelmed by their size. To me, I feel the Hinderer XM24 is a Big Folder and too big for some tasks and the sebenza and zaan are smaller than that, so your good to go, with whichever you choose....:thumbup::thumbup:

If you think the Para 2 is a good size (handle only), then you will like the size of the large Sebenza and Umnumzaan. They are really close in dimensions handle-wise. The blade length is considerably different with the Seb and the Umnum not only having a longer blade entirely, there is even a bigger discrepency in cutting edge due to the lack of a choil. For those that say the Large Sebenza and Umnumzaan are too big, I say PFFT, the small sebenza is too small:) You would also be surprised by how carryable the CRK knives are. They aren't as beefy as you think, just VERY Solid and confidence inspiring. Perfect in my eyes.
Well said, thank you

Today I just received my New to me used Sebenza PJ Large.
I purchased from bladeforums and am very happy. I also purchased a small Seb PJ about 1 week ago.
For the life of me I cannot figure out which one is “THE ONE.”
Sometimes it feels the Small is to small.
The same can be said for the Large. I do however appreciate the extra purchase on the handle. I know it’s not going anywhere.
I know since I have both I can switch up my EDC as needed.
My goal is to carry everyday all day no matter what the occasion or what I am wearing.

I mainly work in a small office where the size of a knife doesn’t matter.
I do anything from cutting coxes to opening mail. I cut wire ties, zip ties and large nylon shipping bands.
I have a bad back which causes me to wear basketball shorts a lot so the weight is noted but not bad.

The knife is practically new so it is stiff. I put some 10w Nano-oil hoping to free it up but this is for a different forum.

I am asking for the impossible I know.
If anyone can shed some light on my “situation” it would be much appreciated.

xwrZjZq.jpg

V/R,
Chris

I cannot understand why a CRK retailer would tell you that the Large and Um are "too big" ? Many people prefer them to the smalls, myself included... It may be too large for him,but to try to discourage you , without you trying them seems bizarre... after all , a large means more profit for him. I have never thought of a large or UM as being anything but a good comfortable user EDC size. Not Macho or intimidating in any way.

The lube that CRK offers is very good.
Take the knife apart, clean and relube.
That should make a very smooth action.

Back