need help with beck wsk tops tracker the hunted knife !size materials measurements!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temper and Don,

You bet. This grind takes patience, for me at least. This is one grind that tolorates very little-to-no error. Most straight designs we can grind a little here and a little there to correct things. This design is complex and all parts match up adjacent to each other. So it is difficult to make corrections on one of the grinds without effecting another adjacent grind or altering the teeth spacing and teeth count. I often wondered what it would be like to grind a dagger. This has got to be a cousin to that. Even the teeth have to match up properly with the geometry. It has been a trick for me. I am very anxious to grind another. I am hooked and I am VERY impressed with Dave Beck's knife making abilities.

Thanks.

RL

Well Rodger...as I said a while back when I was bad mouthing the design. it has to be a b!tch to grind. No matter what I think of the knife, I have to hand it to anyone that can grind it well! From what I've seen so far, Beck doesn't have anything over you.

RLINGER, how much would u charge for a 1095 version of just that blade in the rough without a handle? cause i really like it maybe u could send a me a scale drawing? i got the blade drawn but im having trouble getting the handle just right and i like the way you did it!

By in the rough what do you mean? Just profiled or with the bevels ground, the tang tapered, etc.?

RL

rlinger said:
By in the rough what do you mean? Just profiled or with the bevels ground, the tang tapered, etc.?

RL
exactly like it is in the pic, wit the saw on it, and w/o the holes in the tang. and no heat treat. at least id like to know how you got the saw so perfect? did u have it machined? or did u do it urself wit a file?

I machined the teeth myself. To be frank what you ask for is the bulk of the cost. It would still be expensive. If you are still interested email me and we can discuss dollar amounts.

RL

i sell most my damascus versions for about 450 including shipping (USA,,not sure what it would be to another country),,,i dont do saw blade edges though,,,i normally serate the back edge instead when requested,,,i prefer making martial arts weapons but have no real problem making any other type blade aslong as it keeps me working

Steven

Hello man, realy nice job on the blade. Could you please help me with some dimensions? Do you have any drawing/scatch with dimensions which you cold send me in private message? Mainly the holding part? Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back