1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with loctite on sebenza 25 frame screws

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by PCL, Mar 9, 2018.

1. tank sniper

tank sniper

Jan 8, 2018
    LOL .... Well you haven't had a problem but obviously the OP has had a problem... A torx head is less likely to strip than an allen head... that is a fact, not a supposition.

2. Josh K

Josh K Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 29, 2008
    We get it. You really like Torx. What do you gain here? Write letters to CRK, it would have more effect. But let me know if you do so I can follow up asking that they keep the hex fasteners.

Carter Hall and Ajack60 like this.
  3. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Knockoffs use torx fasteners..Either way..what happens if they switch? Will counterfeits be harder to spot? (rhetorical- of course they will) Will the hex be more sought after? Will everyone want to change right away?
    Despite any kind of petition..they are unlikely to switch anytime soon.

My own experience after having owned many CRK for at least 2 decades. Never one problem..but that could be due to the fact that I don't take apart my knives without a very good reason..which may be once a year. MAX, if ever.

4. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    Tank....you're back professing your love for torx yet in another thread...Sorry, but allen heads last longer than torx. There is nowhere near the amount of support on a shallow torx head compared to a deep allen head, not even close. It all depends on design as well. CRK allen heads are deep (this is where the difference is) torx used on folders are shallow, and quite frankly - garbage. It's a matter of surface area here - that's a fact. When manufacturers start using torx heads as deep as CRK allen heads, then we'll talk.

5. PCL

PCL

May 25, 2012
    Just sent it today, supposed to arrive next monday. If anyone is interested, check my content and look for post in general discussion called Goodwill Sebenza 25.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Ajack60 likes this.
  6. tank sniper

tank sniper

Jan 8, 2018
    Mick you are assuming that the torx head screw you saw on some folder is universal to all folding knives.... your premise simply is not true....

compare a T15 to a 1/8" allen if you get a chance

7. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    Nah that's not the case, i own multiple knives with T15 torx, at that size they are perfectly fine with me as long as they are deep enough. Depth is the make or break feature on torx, the massive advantage of allen is they simply are not dependent on downward force or for you to try eliminate human error when holding the driver perfectly straight, they're self supported. If they made the smallest torx used on folders a decent depth T8 and onward i would have zero complaints. It's these garbage T6 torx that need to be eliminated from production.

8. tank sniper

tank sniper

Jan 8, 2018
    I agree... T6 is far too small...

T15 on a seb 21 would be the equivalent of an 1/8" allen... and would be a nice upgrade but I am not holding my breath for CRK to change

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torx