1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Need some Belt work done

Discussion in 'Wanted: Knifemaker / Craftsman / Related Services' started by dondford, Oct 3, 2013.

1. dondford

dondford

Nov 7, 2006
    I have a custom made alligator hunting belt that is 1 1/2 wide with plain edges. I need a leather worker experienced in belt work to narrow this belt 1 1/8" ish and put a dressier rolled edge on it.
    If anyone is interested, please email [email protected] If you are not interested, but know someone who may be, please pass my message to them.

Looking forward to hearing from some of you leather guys.

Thanks,
    Don

2. quint

quint

Nov 29, 2011
    I would suggest shooting rayban (a member here) a message and see if he could do it for ya.

I have made many belts but modifying someone elses work always gets me nervous lol.

3. dondford

dondford

Nov 7, 2006
    Thank you, I hunt Rayban up.

D

4. rayban

rayban

Apr 14, 2007
    I have tried replying to your email with no luck, they keep coming back as undeliverable.
    However....I have no experience working with gator, so I don't know how it cuts,finishes, etc.
    And to be perfectly honest, I am so busy doing my various projects, I really don't have time to "experiment" with others'.
    I'll have to pass, sorry.
    RG

5. dondford

dondford

Nov 7, 2006
    Thank you for your reply.

D