Need Some Help Finding My First Gun

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by TwitchyBlade, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Zero_Time

Zero_Time

Dec 28, 2006
    Ya- I got that from rt014. I was just saying USING the SPAS in pump would be like putting an MG42 in semi. But that makes sense about clearing pumps. Never had a semi shot, and probably won't ever get one... however, I could go for an AA12...

Zero

2. TwitchyBlade

TwitchyBlade

May 29, 2009
    Who wouldn't want an AA12!? Its insane!

3. Old CW4

Old CW4 Banned BANNED

Sep 8, 2006
    I have a lot of dollars invested in way too many rifles, pistols, revolvers, and shotguns. Thinking about it, and tweaked by this thread, what I usually reach for is a S&W 41 mag revolver, a Marlin lever in 45-70, or a HK standard 45. Everything else usually sits there in the vault gathering dust except on the rare occasions I take several of the 'safe queens' to the range just to play with. I generally hunt deer and elk with the 41 mag revolver (also my main LEO duty gun) and seldom come home empty handed.

4. hoopster

hoopster

Jan 12, 2007
    I also have more $$ than necessary invested in firearms and feel that all I really need as far as calibers go is .38 special and 12ga.

5. codasher

codasher

Jul 26, 2009
    Glock for sure. I own a 21(departmental issue), 23 and a 27(Sub-compact .40). I bought the 23 first and later traded a buddy a few revolvers for the 27 after I was informed by one of my departments range masters that the department would not back me if I shot and killed someone with a gun that was not given departmental OK. And he ment on or off duty. That kind of highlights again the see what your prospective department uses idea. I can barely tell the difference in my hand between the 23 and the 27 with pinkie extension. However the 27 is a dream to CC. Good luck and be safe.

6. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    +1 for the sig 229.
    a little smaller overall than the 226, but still feels good in the hand.
    OTOH, the used P6/P225 german police turn-ins are very nice, too - if you can find one they generally run less than $450. (8 shot 9mm)

7. nu3gawhat

nu3gawhat

Apr 22, 2009
  8. Razzierb

Razzierb

Jun 26, 2003
    Glock 23 gets my vote.