Need some input on a quality whisky or what have you

Tried out the Ardbergs ... definately not for me ... the Iodine from the seaweed which infuses the peat on these Island Whisky's when the Whisky is flavoured with peat smoke ... basically gives the Whisky a "TCP" or Antiseptic taste ... nope ... not my thing at all .

Peter, apologies! I seemed to have strongly recommended a drink that no one else likes! If you bought a bottle, I'll buy it off you for cost. Btw, that tcp --or as I call it 'boat varnish' taste is exactly what I love about ardbeg!

Secondly, bakewell in derbyshire? (I don't know of any other ones..!) That's where all my family is from! Not a bad area of the world... Used to love running round those hills as a kid, chopping small trees down with my victorinox saw! Also its where 'just william' was set in the books...

No I did'nt buy any Josh ... just tried it ... and yes, Bakewell in Derbyshire ... I live up on the hills on the Snake Pass ... if your family are from there shoot me an e-mail when you're back visiting them and we can meet up :thumbup:

I'd go with single malts... and look for what you like!

Apparently it would take more than 10 years :eek: just to try one type from all the distilleries in Scotland alone...

You may dislike what has been mentioned here, and like others that you'd be advised to stay away from... Different tastes...:p

You have come to the right place! The art of exceptional imbibing is a specialty of mine. :D

For a very nice, reasonablely priced single malt scotch, I like the Balvenie Double wood 12 year. It's about $45 per liter.

719511462_96e636a4d8.jpg

If a fantastic bourbon is your wish... there is none better than Willet's. It's the best bourbon I've ever had... bar none. Better than Van Winkle... (yeah... I said it!) :cool: Price is about $45 per liter.

Agreed!

Sometimes it takes a couple of sips to savor the good stuff. That Mac 12 is the best value going IMO. If you don"t like it maybe some tequila will sooth the soul. Patron Anejo is the closest to a legal drug that you can purchase. Try a little between a Corona or two. There's no pain and a lot of gain. Cheers!

Patron Anejo is good, but someone once gave me a shot of Casa Noble Anejo, like my favorite Jack, it was a single barrel. I doubt i could afford it, but wow... and i do appreciate Patron.

Sometimes it takes a couple of sips to savor the good stuff. That Mac 12 is the best value going IMO. If you don"t like it maybe some tequila will sooth the soul. Patron Anejo is the closest to a legal drug that you can purchase. Try a little between a Corona or two. There's no pain and a lot of gain. Cheers!

Back