• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Neil Blackwood--Where is he?

Has anyone had any contact with Neil in the recent past? Saw him at Christmas time and had some communication in January with him and Janine. Now can't find either one. Disappeared from Facebook and does not answer phone calls.

Would appreciate any help you may have.

Please send PM or email
rjwizard@msn.com

Thanks
Richard

I own several of Neil's knives and have attempted to contact him several times, with no luck. Even by doing as you have here. I have zero right to say anything, but I invested a large sum of money and would like to clarify a point on one of the knives. I find other guys very simple to communicate with and willing to offer answers. I hope Neil is well, I enjoy his knives but have spoken with many makers and received input without any problem. It is clear to me that Neil has a lot of business and does not have the time to answer, emails, site post, BF questions etc. and that is 100% his choice. It is also a reason I have not gone beyond the 7 creations of his I own and none in the last 8 months. I hope you find him , very well and happy. I feel in my case without a proper answer the value of my knife in question is greatly affected.

He is active on Facebook. Did you post to his wall? Do you have a current phone number for him?

Richard sorry for the lack of communication but I believe janine has been in contact with you at least once since you posted this. I've had some medical issues that have been killing my productivity. That said, I'm doing everything possible to complete the late knives as quickly as possible. I'm now working everyday and not going anywhere until we are caught up.

Treeshaker, I have no idea who you are but please use my nblackwood4@gmail.com email or contact janine at jmazzuto@icloud.com and you will get a quick reply. Janine has been handling all correspondence for the past month but I've always been very easy to communicate with and will be back to being that way shortly. Right now Facebook is the best place to chat regarding non knife order info. Thanks.

I did get an email from Janine with more promises. We will see.

Last edited:
I agree he's on FB regularly.His last post was April 19th.He responds to PM's on there fairly quick too.

I did get an email from Janine with more promises. We will see.

I know we are in the age of next day air expectations but the dude has actually came on the forums and stated he has been having medical issues. And from one of the most well respected and renowned makers in the world Id try and put aside any feelings of entitlement and have some compassion. The guy has a responsibility to his family and his own health before anyones product no matter how delayed it may be. It may be frustrating but at least he is communicating. That is more than some makers even when they are up and running at full capacity.

Well, Neil has posted plenty of knives and other things for sale on IG over the past few months. So, he was able to make those.

I know we are in the age of next day air expectations but the dude has actually came on the forums and stated he has been having medical issues. And from one of the most well respected and renowned makers in the world Id try and put aside any feelings of entitlement and have some compassion. The guy has a responsibility to his family and his own health before anyones product no matter how delayed it may be. It may be frustrating but at least he is communicating. That is more than some makers even when they are up and running at full capacity.

+1. And everyone is hush hush about the rude, childish comment. Because he's a platinum member I presume? Meanwhile, if you follow the guidelines for 'The Good, The Bad & The Ugly' and post an honest dispute regarding a ripoff, you get to watch the jabroni show as people(including certain moderators) fly off with their intuition - a lesser form of truth that denies factual knowledge.

Then again, they are the caliber of folk lacking compassion & knowledge, and therefore, empathy for the ill or meek.

I have done 4 knives in the last year with Neil. He is not the fastest or the most prompt at getting back to you I agree. He does always answer you and I have received all the knives in a timely manner. That being said, I kept in touch every week or two just to try and help. I'm sure with shop issues and regular life it gets busy. I am very satisfied with the knives, the wait i guess is just my cost of admission.

Since you ask, I'm not happy. I've refrained so far from having to air my business out with Neil Blackwood, but I don't have any more options left. I've been put off and put off for going on 5 years to claim $1200 owed to me or a Henchman Flipper. I have multiple e-mail exchanges and a receipt with Neil, yet nothing but the runaround. If anyone knows or has had recent contact with Neil Blackwood, I sure would like to hear from him. Thank y'all and have a nice day.

Last edited:
Yes 5 years. Almost 5 years ago Neil sent out e-mails to "interested parties", knives for sale periodically. So, he sent out an e-mail with available Henchman flippers, and I decided I was going to buy one. So I sent him $1200.00 through PayPal, and then waited for the arrival of my New Henchman Flipper. This one:

Well, it never arrived. I asked Neil what was taking so long and he gave me some spill about the fitting not being right with the frames, and that he was rectifying the situation. So, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, knowing he's one of the greatest knife artists alive. What could go wrong? Well I waited and waited and Neil ever since has given me the run around. I have YEARS of e-mail exchanges with this man as PROOF, he has yet to make right with me. What's worse, is back in 2011, these knives were available to be shipped to arrive before Christmas. Guess what? No Henchman gift to myself under the tree. I just don't understand how a great artist such as Neil Blackwood, would conduct himself in this manner with one of his greatest fans. I mean I STILL have the BEST 610 Rukus Collection probably in the WORLD. I have absolutely EVERY varietal specimen of 610s, including the grips! And every single last one of them are PERFECT. I just don't know, I'm tired of trying to reclaim a ton of lost funds from Neil. He won't even reply to my e-mails anymore.

Absolutely nauseating Crown. I'd love to say I hope it all works out, but after 5 years hope grows very dim.
Dam
Joe

I just don't understand how a great artist such as Neil Blackwood, would conduct himself in this manner with one of his greatest fans.

Man, that sentence choked me up. The fact you still have his knives and admire his talent after his disservice speaks volumes of you AND him. I hope this gets resolved for you, but considering the time passed I can't foresee that happening.

Back