• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Neker/EDC/Kid's Knife

Bruce Culberson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
SOLD! Thanks Roland.
Here is a small knife with a leather neck sheath. This knife would make an excellent kid's knife or EDC.
Here are the Specs:
Steel 1/8" 1084
Handle Figured Walnut (not bookend matched scales)
Blade is 2 7/8" tip to scales
Handle is 3 1/8" (three and a half finger grip for adults)
"Tip down" neck sheath with tooling
Blade is flat ground with convex edge
Pin & thong tube are nickle silver

septknives006.jpg

septknives002.jpg

septknives001.jpg

septknives004.jpg

Price is $85 including shipping within Canada and USA (will ship international for the extra cost).

Thanks for looking!
Bruce

Last edited:
This knife would work excellent for caping and it is hunting season:thumbup:.

What does "figured" walnut mean?

Regular walnut is just plain and straight grained. Figured walnut has natural highlights in the wood and the grain has curves:thumbup:.

Thanks for asking!

Bruce, i will take this nice little knife please. i'll PM you for PP address.
my second BAC knife !
thanks, roland

PP now paid. Thank You Bruce. i know from my first knife from you that this will be a well made, sharp blade, that holds 'just right' in hand. your knives are some of the best value for the price available anywhere. lucky for me, others have not yet discovered this !
roland

Picked up this knife yesterday. again, the pics do not convey the "spirit" of the knife.
as soon as i opened the package and saw the knife, i had to immediately hold it. then, "Holy Shit, is this EVER a nice knife".
like most of my 50+ Custom FBs, blade profile and grind, handle size and shape, fit and finishing, are all right on. but unlike most of the others, it all comes together in a way making "the whole greater than the sum of it's parts". it has the ineffable quality of immediately capturing you visually and in hand. i think this is the ART of knifemaking, as opposed to the technical skills required.
also, Bruce's knives arrive truly SHARP ! not every knifemaker is also an excellent sharpener. i think they are slightly different skills.
this is my second knife from Bruce. i bought the first one (Drop Point Hunter, O1/Cocobolo) thinking i would help out a relatively new maker who is also from B.C. it was very inexpensive and i wasn't expecting much. so i was blown away when i got it. same "Holy Shit" reaction.
Thank You Bruce. i think your low prices may fool those who don't know, into thinking it's just another knife, because this special feeling your knives give, does not come through in the pictures. i.e. your knives are worth more than you charge. the 2 i have are very close to matching a Dozier or a Krein.
roland

Hey Roland!

I know what you are saying, man. When I got mine, I was blown away, too. I started playing with it right away and was totally amazed at how well my little gem held up against what I threw at it. (Mine was the bottom one in the original thread.) I was amazed again when I shaved hair and paper afterwards. In fact, the only thing I've had to do other than wax it with Renaissance Wax (I use it on all my steel, leather, etc.) is run it across a strop. Four times. I'm. Not. Kidding. Mine holds an edge like nobody's business. I like it so much, I asked for more.

Hey Bruce! I'm still wearing it, lol!!!

I recently bought a knife from a fellow traveler on a Canadian gun board. I bought it from the pic and the description, as it looked like the perfect size for deer and such, was flat ground, had a great profile and a neat handle design. The maker's name was not known. The price was ridiculously low.

When it came I was truly amazed at the quality. I have made few blades myself and have owned a good may other maker's as well as commercial stuff over lotso years, but was never so impressed by a knife, as it was apparent that this tool was made to use, not cost an arm anD a leg and be mostly useless, and was built by a guy who obviously knows what a hunting knife is supposed to be.

The edge was a wee bit work-dulled, so I took a few swipeS on a steel and I was able to pop hairs of my arm like I had a straight razor.

After I did some detective work, I sussed out it was made by Bruce. Just wanted to take this opportunity to say "WELL DONE!"

Thanks for the review Roland. Enjoy your little knife!

I'm glad to hear you are liking your knife too Randy:thumbup: I have a few projects to finish before I get started on your other ones.

Elpaso,
I think this is the knife you bought:
picture.php

That knife was 1 of 3 in the first batch that I ever sold - about 6 months ago! Thanks for the compliments.

Bruce

Back