10.23 inches long
4.52" blade length
7.93 oz weight
.25" blade width
N690 Cobalt Stainless Steel

Hi there!

This folder looks really nice!

May I ask you some questions?

- What material is the locking mechanism made of? The same as the blade? Or aluminum like the handles?

- Could you post close-up pics of the cross-bolt locking mechanism, and maybe also of the lock back?

Thanks in advance!

Those look good and I wasn't even in the market for a huge folder! I was going to ask a bunch of questions about them but... I'll just stop by your booth at Blade! Ok, one question... is there a belt sheath available for the folders?

Rev. Pete,

There is a sheath available now for the Fulcrum 1, Fulcrum II T, & Fulcrum II D models. There will be one very soon for the Nemesis and the M.P.C. models. Stay tuned...I will post a picture of the sheath on the Fulrum II T thread. The sheath only comes standard with the Fulcrum 1(no belt clip)...it would be optional with the others as they have belt clips.
See you at the show!

If the Cross-Bolt lock works like I think it does, then that is ingenious!

Does the small pin slide out of the lock bar, so the bar can't be depressed to accidentally unlock the knife? That would prevent it from opening too. Cool!:cool:

How sturdy is the pivot pin? Would this folder give the Strider folder's some competition?

The cross bolt safety is in fact ingenious. It works just like the crosbolt safety on a shotgun. The safety can be engaged to lock the blade open to essentially have a fixed blade...it can also be engaged with the knife closed to prevent the blade from opening.
I have carried an M.P.C. everyday for 6 months and have found the safety to be VERY reliable and is virtually impossible to accidentally engage.
As far as sturdiness of the pivot pin...Extrema..ly (cute huh!)and my personal opinion it is as strong, if not stronger, than anything on the market. All of that is a matter of personal opinion however.

I think I see a conventional lock back with a cross bolt to prevent accidental unlocking.
If so, I like this very much.
I prefer lock backs to all other locking designs.

Does the clip move to the other side, for left-handed carry?

Absolutely! Since I am left handed myself I made sure that feature was included. It is already drilled and tapped with screws included.

Oh no!
I can't afford another knife!

The excellent pictures show three bumps on the spine near the juncture of the handle and blade; two small bumps for thumb traction and a larger one as stop of sorts.
Do these bumps belong to the blade, rotating with the blade, or do they belong to the locking bar?

How about a detail photo of that part of the knife?

Very impressive.
Almost a must-have.

Price?

Wow, this folder looks really impressive! Great pictures, too!

Thanks a lot for the info, it was really helpful!

What an elegant BRUTE of a knife.

Did Frank take this picture at our request?

Nice photo.

It comes accross on my computer screen as life size.
I measured it on the screen with my ruler. :)
What a hunk of steel and aluminum.

The design has some very evocative features.
Who heads the design team?

Yes I did take that photo at your request...you are welcome.

The people responsible for these intriguing knife designs are MAURIZIO CASTRATI & MAURO CHIOSTRI. These gentleman are the co-owners of Extrema Ratio in Italy and they collaborate on the design and production. I have been to the factory in Italy several times and I can attest to the brilliance of their operation. I was/am impressed to their absolute devotion to make the BEST tactical knife possible...I think they are on to something!

Back