1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 14 run

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by olywa, Jul 9, 2018.

1. olywa

olywa Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 4, 2007
    I looked but couldn't find a thread dedicated to the new run of 14s on the production schedule. As others have said, I'm blown away by the sheer variety of shields and covers amongst the many SFOs. However for me, I'm most interested in the 2-blade GEC variants at the end of the run. I love the 14 frame but it's a little thin for my liking when it's only packing a single blade.
    All that being said, I'm going to find it hard to resist the single clip in tortoise.

singin50, Laurelbb and Travman like this.
  2. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm doing everything I can to talk myself out of getting one but I know darn good & well that I'll end up with at least one. Maybe five.

singin50, Laurelbb, sitflyer and 2 others like this.
  3. singin50

singin50 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Lol, yep, that’s the way it usually goes, Rick! So far the only one I’m definitely getting is Barry’s mainly because I recently scored a Kifer tortoise acrylic #78. I go back a ways with GEC’s tortoise acrylic, but the new black and orange/gold is very nice and older looking indeed!

tmd_87 and Railsplitter like this.
  4. texmex03

texmex03 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 2014
    14 has been my favorite these days. Preordered one from Barry and one from Lyle.

singin50 likes this.
  5. gusnuts

gusnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2015
    I love how there are so many choices and each one is a SFO. My wallet does not love it so much though... I am in for Barry's! His sounds like perfection to me.

singin50 and tmd_87 like this.
  6. ISKRA

ISKRA

Sep 19, 2016
    The Northfield will probably have nickel silver bolster(s) and brass liners?

7. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    I have been waiting for this thread to appear. I am down for four already, and so many others interest me. I believe this will be even more interesting than the 78's! Thanks @olywa . DLT continues to design great combinations. Barry definitely has one of the best. Plus a TC! I wonder why they wait so long to reveal the handle material on those? It certainly will not affect sales, since they will all be gone in a heartbeat regardless of what is chosen. The latest ancient TC's have proven that they could use an unfinished 2x4 as handle material, and they will still sell out. And the fans of two blades have some incredible choices from Cripple Creek.

singin50, Laurelbb and Travman like this.
  8. DelOro

DelOro

Jan 17, 2016
    Most of my GEC's tend to be spear point blades (no particular reason) so I skipped the first run.

I'm looking forward to this new run with the clip blades and will easily end up with 2 or 3.

These should make an outstanding kitchen paring/light task pocket knife. :thumbsup: :D

singin50 likes this.
  9. Ickythump

Ickythump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Beg pardon..Would someone be kind enough to PM or refer me a list of SFO's for this?

Tortoise single clip blade w/ tortoise acrylic? Sounds awesome..that would be the one I'm interested.

Thanks in advance for any assist.

10. Lostball

Lostball Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2015
    I agree completely. I am happy to have one of Barry's on reserve. I'm thinking this one is the pick of the litter.

singin50, Laurelbb and gusnuts like this.
  11. DelOro

DelOro

Jan 17, 2016
    This should help :eek:

[​IMG]

sitflyer, Kiteman72, pmek5 and 2 others like this.
  12. Ickythump

Ickythump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Thank you!

And thanks for the PM as well.

13. t.willy

t.willy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2016
    It's kinda odd the SFO I chose considering I've never bought any yellow boned GEC knives before. However when I read there was an SFO #14 in smooth yellow bone with the Dimond shild. :eek:o_O it was on like Donkey Kong :cool::D:thumbsup:

singin50, Laurelbb and tmd_87 like this.
  14. Corso

Corso

Aug 16, 2007
    I've been waiting for a #14 with a single clip blade for a while

singin50 likes this.
  15. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    To all-a-y'all buying Single Clips in Smooth Bone or Wood, be sure to use 'em up real good, so I can trade ya something on the cheap in a year or so. :D;)

t.willy likes this.
  16. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    These are the two we have seen so far. Are there any other pictures of the different SFO’s that have been released floating around out there? 8DE2CBAD-CE7E-4FFC-9709-6EEC9560FFA1.jpeg 4BB809C4-A683-48C4-898C-B3A996DC2550.jpeg

singin50, skyhorse, spyderg and 6 others like this.
  17. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Initially I was interested but I'd much prefer a Barehead option here as well. Too bad the entire run is double-bolstered, unless I'm mistaken?

P3k likes this.
  18. texmex03

texmex03 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 2014
    it would be nice if some were bareheaded....can the tc and smooth oiled bone be .....please

P3k likes this.
  19. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Well, a TC would be as it's a Barlow...;)

JohnDF likes this.
  20. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I prefer bareheaded too, but it's not a deal-breaker. I don't have the time or energy to try to track down pre-orders and SFOs right now, so if there are any two-bladers available on the dealer's shelves, and I like the covers, I'll probably be in for one.

t.willy, willard0341 and akaMatt like this.