New 14 run

View attachment 943560

My sentiments , and why I changed mine to a 2 bld. I started to get the smooth ivory, like I had on the farmers jack before, but thought I'd leave that for Charlie. Just kidding, I decided for the smooth white with the bar shield and thread on the bolster. First stamped version of Lick Creek Cutlery.

View attachment 944118
I guess I take back what I said about not chasing SFOs. :oops: Looks like I've got a new grail...

I have two of the #14's from the previous run (Lyle and TC). If I can get a two bladed with a clip point, I'll be ordering another one from this batch. I really like GEC's product on the 14's.

I see no mention of #14's on GEC's website. I see 15's. I'm in no hurry to spend my money and I am certainly not going to pre-order something months away. Don't care enough.

Last edited:
View attachment 943560

My sentiments , and why I changed mine to a 2 bld. I started to get the smooth ivory, like I had on the farmers jack before, but thought I'd leave that for Charlie. Just kidding, I decided for the smooth white with the bar shield and thread on the bolster. First stamped version of Lick Creek Cutlery.

View attachment 944118
Very kind of you Lyle!! I hope I can find one of those scarce, white two-blades!!
It's gonna be a beauty!!!

I've decided on my handles for the Barlow. I am ignoring the subtleties of life for now - everything is Black and White!!:D
Smooth-polished Ebony and Smooth-polished Ivory Bone (not really white of course!)!
250 of each will be made.

Charlie, wanted to double check something with you. Is the "Ebony" bone or wood? Thank you!

Wowza, how did those TC reservations close so quickly!?

Didn't notice my text until 4 minutes later, yellow when I clicked, red when my reservation went through -- holy smokes, that was quick! :eek:

Congrats to everyone who has one on the way (edit: by which I mean you got in soon enough!). :thumbsup: A TC 14 is a beautiful thing, and they're going to look amazing in ebony!

No kidding... I was really surprised to see the TCs on there at all... I got a standby, so fingers crossed!!!

I scored a red sawcut, which is the one of the run that I was really wanting, so I'm a happy camper :cool:

Congrats to those that reserved what they wanted! And good luck in the search for those that didn't! That's the fun part.

Can't wait to see those red sawcuts!

Oops - wrong time to take a shower. :eek: At least I got all the lawn-mowin' gunk off. :p And this 14 from last run to look at. :D

3Jcif9Z.jpg

That's pretty funny, GE, I also chose this particular time to hop in the shower. :(

Ended up with some "standby" which, IME, means "no dice".

Well, it looks like I have one reserved. Hopefully I like this little guy!

Last edited:
Back