Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Yes, definitely buy multiple

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Nah, nothing interesting

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
I want to buy the san mai srk and recon tanto, and a normal and large luzon. There's a lot of san mai blades this year, and i want all of the magnum tanto's to, but i think that should wait until next year... And of course i feel a bit stupid, i found, a couple months ago, a website which was still selling the old san mai tai pan, so i bought one, did a lot of work to ship it to my house, because they wouldn't ship outside Canada and i live in the netherlands. One month after receiving, Cold steel shows their new line-up... It had been so much easier to wait a month...

I'm leaning towards the push dagger. I hate that they are discontinuing the previous models.

Meh, nothing here really floats my boat. Luzon woulda been a maybe but I REALLY dislike 8cr. Why wouldn't they have used aus-8 on luzon?, love that stuff! And the s35vn models are too expensive. If they made a new hold out or talwar that had a thicker blade I'd be on that like stink on poo and get multiples of each!

Meh, nothing here really floats my boat. Luzon woulda been a maybe but I REALLY dislike 8cr. Why wouldn't they have used aus-8 on luzon?, love that stuff! And the s35vn models are too expensive. If they made a new hold out or talwar that had a thicker blade I'd be on that like stink on poo and get multiples of each!
Exactly. Why not even BD1 for crying out loud? 8cr with liner locks and secondary safetys?.... Someone was drunk behind the wheel this year i think. Let's see how their sales go for 2018. Nothing new even comes close to taking the place of the Hold Out and Talwars. Maybe there are a lot of gardeners out there that need new tactical gloves for tackling those nasty weeds.

I think i will pick up a large Luzon after seeing it in that vid just cause. Even with the 8cr

Ya I was kind of interested in the large also. Have to go back and see the vid now. Right on, ...... just eyeballed and loving both the medium and large. No big shiny eye catching clips !!! :)

Last edited:
Nothing out of the new batch.... they had me at Recon 1 with an actual sharpening choil.

In the first video he never quite turns the Drop Forged Push Knife over so that you can see the other side.
Yeah ! That bugged me some , but I thought I saw on another video that it is not flat on the hidden side . But not sure on that ! Definitely interested either way . The Tri-ad Bushranger might be nice , too . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not a single good design this year

Come on, bring out a mini Tiger Claw Karambit folder already with a 2.25 inch blade a shorter handle

Back