New Bagwell Bowie Knife :D

I do. It's what I thought.

Thanks again Steven

I imagine if you asked Joseph if he regularly opened cardboard boxes or batonned logs with his Bagwell bowies, he would look at you(deservedly) like an idiot.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Well... I thought I seen some images of Deer legs that were hacked off with a Bagwell. I don't know If I'd consider that 'Light'

Well... I thought I seen some images of Deer legs that were hacked off with a Bagwell. I don't know If I'd consider that 'Light'

Think it goes back to snicking, as Joseph was most likely whacking them before they calcified fully....like yellow bamboo, which I do consider light....relatively.:D

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Well, Soon you will be 'snicking' things with my Lamey to Quality control it ;)

you want me to actually use it too!?:eek:

Not that I wouldn't be happy to snick around with your new knife, but that's almost like asking me to take your horny girlfriend out for drinks and a good time...
:cool::D

DSC01038.jpg

DSC01031.jpg

DSC01050.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01016.jpg

DSC01015.jpg

DSC01065.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

Last edited:
For defense I use a Browning P-35. On the field, my Bagwell does very well indeed.

Attachments

• May 26 '10 2.jpg
    May 26 '10 2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 60
You have to be pleased with that one Pootsy! Never been a fan of crown stag for a user but for looks alone it's very pleasing to the eye.

Pooysy that is a great knife love the Blade shape and the pins in the crown stag. Kinda reminds me of my Alamo piece but as all Bagwells are different.

Congrats

As for what does a Bagwell do well. Bill makes every Bowie a fighter it is just in him to do that.

A HB is more of a fighter than say my old stand ny carbon and stag piece but my carbon and stag piece is one of the best fighting bbowie's i own if that makes sense.

They are always crazy thick at the guard but he knows how to taper the blade that a hknife that should feel heavy does not.

His edges will eat flesh but his flat grind into a convesx for me is the only way tro go. You could go chop hard wood all day and not fold or blow out an edge .

I have on occasion will cleaning up a blade on the buffer had it catch and I have skipped the edge off the buffer base I always look at the edge horrified but never a wrinkle . Gotta love a guy how has his edge geometry and heat treat down that well.

And although I have chopped wood and vines with my Bagwell's I have cheaper knives for that and I try and reserve quality steel for when it is truly needed. Like STeven said you would not take a great sword and just beat on it for fun.

It would be like useing a Paul Long sheath for a dive sheath it will work but why

Respect is paramount in all things in life.

Pooysy that is a great knife love the Blade shape and the pins in the crown stag. Kinda reminds me of my Alamo piece but as all Bagwells are different.

Congrats

As for what does a Bagwell do well. Bill makes every Bowie a fighter it is just in him to do that.

A HB is more of a fighter than say my old stand ny carbon and stag piece but my carbon and stag piece is one of the best fighting bbowie's i own if that makes sense.

They are always crazy thick at the guard but he knows how to taper the blade that a hknife that should feel heavy does not.

His edges will eat flesh but his flat grind into a convesx for me is the only way tro go. You could go chop hard wood all day and not fold or blow out an edge .

I have on occasion will cleaning up a blade on the buffer had it catch and I have skipped the edge off the buffer base I always look at the edge horrified but never a wrinkle . Gotta love a guy how has his edge geometry and heat treat down that well.

And although I have chopped wood and vines with my Bagwell's I have cheaper knives for that and I try and reserve quality steel for when it is truly needed. Like STeven said you would not take a great sword and just beat on it for fun.

It would be like useing a Paul Long sheath for a dive sheath it will work but why

Respect is paramount in all things in life.
Paul could probably whip up a dive sheath made totally from manta ray skin or something like that if'n ya axed him.:D

I know pauls's love runs deep for me but I think I am starting to piss him off with some of my crazy projects :D

I know pauls's love runs deep for me but I think I am starting to piss him off with some of my crazy projects :D

now that's f-in funny!

Pootsy,

Congrats on Alamo Jr ! :thumbup:
You must be thrilled, gorgeous Bagwell ! :cool:

Doug :)

that is a very good looking knife indeed:thumbup:

The guard is 'bladecatchery', and I wonder if those little pins toward the butt of the handle are to serve as a pivot/index spot for reversing out of the fencing grip. They look cool, but I'm sure that there is a purpose for them.

I would say you're probably not far wrong. they just hit the back swell of my palm nicely and hold it there. just adds a little bit more grip to an already grippy knife. :) couple of grp pics to follow :)

Back