1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

New Bird and Trout Model/ Little EDC fixed blade. S35VN

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by North Arm Knives, Aug 4, 2016.

1. North Arm Knives

North Arm Knives

Jan 9, 2014
    We've just introduced a new model! It is called the Mallard and is a bird and trout knife. Though it could be used as a little fixed blade edc or even a neck knife. It is based on our trillium paring knife. My dad and I make all of these from scratch in BC, Canada with help from our CNC mill! All models available through our website.

The strong US dollar means big savings for our American customers (~23%). Prices below are in both CAD and USD ( our website can also be viewed in either currency).

Mallard bird and trout

We had a lot of customers remarking that our paring knife would make a great bird and trout knife. So we design a sheath for it, added a lanyard hole and decided on a couple of colors of G10 to offer it in; so was born our new Mallard model! Now that we have it we've found many uses for this knife; its light weight makes it easy to justify bringing along on almost any outing.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Specs:
    Scales: hunter orange or OD green G10
    Blade steel: CPM S35VN
    Blade hardness: HRC 59-61
    Blade length: 3.6" (9.14 cm)
    Over all length: 8.1" (20.6cm)
    Blade thickness at spine: 0.060″ (1.5mm)
    "Grind": flat
    Cutting edge angle (inclusive): 20°
    Weight: knife only: 2.2 oz. (65 grams)
    sheath: 1.2 oz. (35 grams)

Made in BC, Canada

Price(Canadian $) 74.00-94.00 depending on blade finish and other options

**approximate USD price** 57-73

Here are our other four outdoor knives. I've only included the price and a couple of photos of each. For more info on them visit out website!

Lynx 3.8" Hunting Knife

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Price(Canadian $) 139.00-174.00 depending on blade finish and scale options

**approximate USD price** 107-134

Osprey bushcraft knife

This is our bigger belt knife. We designed it to be a good size for heavier tasks, general bush crafting and so on.

[​IMG]

Price(Canadian $) 159.00-194.00 depending on blade finish, scales and other options

**approximate USD price** 123-150

Kermode fillet knife with 6" or 9" blade

9 inch
    [​IMG]

6 inch
    [​IMG]

6" Price(Canadian $) 125.00-160.00 depending on blade finish and scale type.

**approximate USD price** 97-123

9" Price(Canadian $) 149.00-184.00 depending on blade finish and scale type.

**approximate USD price** 115-142

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  2. Jac Wild

Jac Wild

Nov 6, 2015
    You guys do some great work! I stumbled across your website awhile back, and was very impressed by what I saw! Keep up the good work!

3. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    I ordered a off-spec/seconds Sitka (7"Santoku) and Pairing knife earlier this year. Excellent in the kitchen for every task. Re-profiled on my sharpmaker and they are razor sharp and keep an edge for months being S35VN.

4. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Great knives. Love my kitchen knives. Ordering a Lynx this weekend.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  5. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    email sent for a Lynx. thanks

6. North Arm Knives

North Arm Knives

Jan 9, 2014
    Thank you all for the kind words!

I'll send you an email shortly! @Bmurray

7. mec003

mec003

Jan 1, 2015
    This is awesome! I was just showing the lynx model to wife trying to drop hints for a Christmas gift (she shops early).