New BLADE Magazine: Will?

Will,

I want to read "it" here
smile.gif
!!!!

-=[Bob]=-

James,

Well the "news" is out although I weas hoping for the "press release" to be posted here by Will too.

Spot on! Been telling folkks to keep an eye on Camillus... their CUDA line is expanding beyond anything I think folks expected. And yes, they're the first to offer Talonite in a production blade. I believe it is to be called the "Quest" and is a collaboration between Camillus and Rob on his Cetan design. Unreal!!!! And that price point isn't bad at all for folks wanting to get into Talonite quickly with a great blade design
smile.gif
!

------------------
-=[Bob Allman]=-

I did NOT escape from the institution! They gave me a day pass!

BFC member since the very beginning
Member: American Knife & Tool Institute; Varmint Hunters Association;
National Rifle Association; Praire Thunder Inc.; Rapid City Rifle Club;
Spearfish Rifle & Pistol Club; Buck Collectors Club (prime interest: 532s)
Certified Talonite(r) enthusiast!

I think they have come up with a truely great knife with this one. Cann't wait to see them in the market.

How long before they are available at least here on the forums.

Not SOON enough guys!
frown.gif
I really look forward to an affordable Talonite fixed blade with out the long wait!
smile.gif

Thanks Will and Rob !

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

The QUEST is coming! And it will be TALONITE
biggrin.gif

View

This is a recent pic of one of the PROTOTYPE's on a "Field Testing Exercise" over the holidays. Performance was excellent!

The production QUEST will be of this configuration, 3.5" blade and Grooved G10 scales. I will try to answer specific questions as best I can. I may need Rob's help!

------------------
Stay Sharp!
Will Fennell
Camillus Cutlery

[This message has been edited by Will Fennell (edited 01-03-2000).]

Will...

I have to say, you and Camillus are one AWESOME combo! I don't know whether to thankyou for bringing into being all those great knives these past and future months, or curse you for making me want to spend my money faster than I can make it. In any case keep up the great work!

BTW, will the quest be offered with different colored G-10? I'm a little bored of black all the time.

Felix

Great picture Will, shed horn is a nice touch! This is a very exciting project for myself and Camillus has been great to work with and are truly quality oriented.

To all of my customers that have a Cetan on order and dont want the long wait, please feel free to get the Camillus Quest. It will NOT hurt my feelings at all and will help relieve my backlog a bit, a win win situation.

------------------
www.simonichknives.com

Rob,

I intend to get the Quest but I will still wait on the knife I have ordered from you. It isn't often that one has the opportunity to own both the production and custom versions of such a fine knife at reasonable prices.

Will,

Any insight into what the sheath will be like? Multicarry, I hope
biggrin.gif

I can't wait to get my hands on this knife.

------------------
AKTI Member No. A000370

[This message has been edited by SDouglas (edited 01-04-2000).]

I`d like to cast my vote for a multi-carry sheath and some color in the G10 handle. How about blue, like the Cetan on Rob`s website?

Guys,

From what I understand, all Quest handles will be grooved black G-10. The blade is 3.5" of Talonite! The sheaths will be multi-carry kydex too.

------------------
-=[Bob Allman]=-

Will how about having extra grip sets available in assorted colors?

------------------
In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take

I'd also like to see different color handles available. I'll second the vote for blue.

How about a special run of Quests in blue G10 to be sold through the Bladeforums.com store? Do it on a prepaid order basis, if yoou have to. Btw, what`s the ballpark dollar amount we`re looking at for these? I`m interested in seeing what a talonite blade does to the cost of a production piece.

Guys, Guys,..

We are getting a little ahead of ourselves. We[CAMILLUS] needs to produce the FIRST ones, which will be with grooved BLACK G10 scales. I hate to say it, but BLACK still sells best. If a knife came ONLY in a blue handle, we would have everybody asking for a limited run of black
wink.gif

We are gonna have to evauluate the response to these knives carefully, becuase the blade material cost over 16 times what ATS-34 costs. We can't afford to do too many 'special runs ' just yet. Believe me, I will love doing a special run for the forumites, but we have to prove the idea that a TALONITE production knife will sell first. I want one, how about ya'll?

------------------
Stay Sharp!
Will Fennell
Camillus Cutlery

Will,

I have already started saving for my Quest
biggrin.gif

I just need to know when they are available and who has them?

I don't anticipate that this will be a high volume knife for Camillus but I believe it will sell reasonably well.

I for one would be interested in hearing what your production experience is on this knife. I know that Rob and others have said that Talonite eats grinding belts like candy, so I would be curious to know if you end up using processes like waterjet or plasma cutting to keep production managable.

You are clearly breaking new ground for the industry.

------------------
AKTI Member No. A000370

SDouglas,

I think you're confusing Stellite with Talonite. The former eats belts, the latter is much more forgiving.

Kelly,

If I were a betting man I'd figure around $250-275 MSRP which should mean maybe $235 street price. That ain't bad at all
smile.gif
!

------------------
-=[Bob Allman]=-

Looks great! Surely get one when avaiable.

What's the blade thickness?

Dew.

Back