New Bushcrafter!

KFU

Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator
So here is a small Bushcrafter that I just finished today. I wanted to see how long it would take me to do one from start to finish including Heat Treat. Well, it still needs some detail work done but I was able to do two in a day! This one might be going to a forum member, or it might go up for sale!

Marcelo096.jpg

Marcelo102.jpg

Marcelo114.jpg

edcknife043.jpg

Its 8 1/4" OAL with a 3 1/2" blade. Its my small Bushcrafter. It will be getting one of my universal sheaths in the pic above. What do you think?

Last edited:
That's very nice - generous and comfy looking handle!
also - congrats on the new subforum!

Man, it's about time one of you guys put something in here to look at, I mean, what gives, you both act like you guys just started a new forum or something and are all busy with the details . . . . :D
Great looking knife once again Chris, so now we need one of those classy items from southern Ohio to complete the book ends of one from each of you.
Great job & great craftsmanship once again.
Be safe.
p.s.: 1066vik, good to see ya' again . . . . :thumbup:

I like it...pm me if you decide to make more or have one for sale

and congrats on the new home

His real name is "pokey" as in slow ass, lol ! I see a day job going south soon

very nice.. i like it a lot..:thumbup: i am going to have to get a knife from you soon..:)

Pokey here! thanks guys. Ill find out today if its sold. I had this o9ne profiled out already and received a request for one. Its a little smaller than the one he wanted so if he wants one bigger it will be for sale.

Last edited:
Like it!
a LOT.
Unusual woodgrain...what is it,please?

Agree with the sagacity/wisdom of Bill Akers: another day job headed south!

Gnarly, that is walnut crotch. It is beautiful! Walnut is by far my favorite wood, there is just something classic about it plus, you can get curly, crotch, or burl..

Got any of that Red Mallee Burl in 'crotch'?

Prefer it neat; not so fond of curlyBushy.

That's very nice - generous and comfy looking handle!
also - congrats on the new subforum!

1066vik: Have you ever had the chance to handle one of KFU's 'forward swell' knives?
You'd never BELIEVE how natural it feels in the hand.

The young man KFU is onto something there.
I dunno much about ergonomics,but the shape fits the natural shape of the human hand....no grip issues + less fatigue,when using it for a extended period.....absolutely PERFECT for 'user' knifes,IMO.

Big 10-4 HE CAME HANDED ME THE DESIGNS I WAS LIKE WTF? BUT THEN I HELD ONE AND THEY ARE QUITE COMFY,I SET AND GAZED WHILE I WATCHED HIM AT MY GRINDER! I KNEW HE WAS GONNA BE A FAST LEARNER! AND LOOK A COUPLE MONTHS LATER!!

1066vik: Have you ever had the chance to handle one of KFU's 'forward swell' knives?
You'd never BELIEVE how natural it feels in the hand.

The young man KFU is onto something there.
I dunno much about ergonomics,but the shape fits the natural shape of the human hand....no grip issues + less fatigue,when using it for a extended period.....absolutely PERFECT for 'user' knifes,IMO.

I have not had the opportunity to handle one of his knives -- but am open to a learning opportunity if someone has a spare they're not using. :D
OTOH, the few times I've shaped a set of scales, I tend to put the swell more forward than centered, so I can just imagine.
Will definitely be keeping an eye out.

. . . . woosa, uhmmmn, electric bill & car insurance, (woosa), electric bill & car insurance, (woosa), electric bill & car insurance, (woosa), electric bill & car insurance, (woosa), uhmmmn, uhmmmn, uhmmmn . . . . :)
Be safe.

Back