New Bushcrafter!

Gnarly, that is walnut crotch. It is beautiful! Walnut is by far my favorite wood, there is just something classic about it plus, you can get curly, crotch, or burl..

The more kinds of wood we get to know, the more difficult it will be to decide. I like this one. Very classical, without being old age / boring.

. . . . woosa, uhmmmn, electric bill & car insurance, (woosa), electric bill & car insurance, (woosa), electric bill & car insurance, (woosa), electric bill & car insurance, (woosa), uhmmmn, uhmmmn, uhmmmn . . . . :)
Be safe.

I know what you're saying.
I usually also add mortgage and car installments to the equation but somehow the end result is always zero :D

I hear ya Sveqs! It seems like the more money I make the less I have! You will see alot of different woods from us. Bill is the burl King while I go for unusual woods.I like trying new species. You never really knowhow they will turn out until they done. I just recently made an EDC for a fellow member with Aussie Wando. It honestly looked pretty crappy unfinished but wanted to give it a try. It turned out great! Not too dark but not too light, kinda dark tan in color. Id post a pic but I dont think I have one. Maybe Rockywolf will see this and chime in.

It seems like the more money I make the less I have!

Hah, I didn't know my wife was a member on this board :D
This must be like choosing your paracord from a color sample list, except even more so - whatever it looks on the screen has nothing to do with real life (I used to work in print journalism, getting the colors right was part science, part woodoo)

Well, I just talked to the future owner of this one! It is sold, but I will be making more this week and next. I don't get as much time as I would like and Im not a dang production line like Bill, so it takes me a little longer! On the good side I finally got my Makers Mark. I just stamped the big fattie going out to a forum member. What ya think? I wanted something small, we will see if it works with the antique finish. If not Im gonna have to etch it in there.

kfustamp.jpg

Last edited:
I hear ya Sveqs! It seems like the more money I make the less I have! You will see alot of different woods from us. Bill is the burl King while I go for unusual woods.I like trying new species. You never really knowhow they will turn out until they done. I just recently made an EDC for a fellow member with Aussie Wando. It honestly looked pretty crappy unfinished but wanted to give it a try. It turned out great! Not too dark but not too light, kinda dark tan in color. Id post a pic but I dont think I have one. Maybe Rockywolf will see this and chime in.

Yep. Love the Aussie wood. I want one like the one displayed in this thread but with matching wood like my new EDC. Gotta save some money but it is soooo happening! Awesome sheaths in this threa, I love cross draw carry.

Rockywolf, I think I have one set of scales left in Wandoo. They are a little thinner than 3/8 so I might have to add a liner or something. If not, I know where I can get some more ;)

This one and the fatty are on their way to their owners. Hopefully they will join in and give us some feedback! More coming this week.

Well, I just talked to the future owner of this one! It is sold, but I will be making more this week and next. I don't get as much time as I would like and Im not a dang production line like Bill, so it takes me a little longer! On the good side I finally got my Makers Mark. I just stamped the big fattie going out to a forum member. What ya think? I wanted something small, we will see if it works with the antique finish. If not Im gonna have to etch it in there.
kfustamp.jpg

Chris, do you have finished pictures of this one, or maybe I should have re-read the whole thread . . . . . :yawn: :yawn:
Too early, too little coffee, too soon to be reading . . . . :)
Be safe.

Back